MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Reference book re-enactment..........Bavarian Cheveauleger Rgt 3/6

Article about: Hi, My latest visor came through this week and it gave me a cracking chance to do a looky-likey comparison with an example in one of my favourite books. The German Army 1914-1918 by Jürgen K

Default Reference book re-enactment..........Bavarian Cheveauleger Rgt 3/6

Hi,

My latest visor came through this week and it gave me a cracking chance to do a looky-likey comparison with an example in one of my favourite books.

The German Army 1914-1918 by Jürgen Kraus .................. I would recommend this book at the "drop of a hat" !

Here comes the money shot .....................

Reference book re-enactment..........Bavarian Cheveauleger Rgt 3/6Reference book re-enactment..........Bavarian Cheveauleger Rgt 3/6Reference book re-enactment..........Bavarian Cheveauleger Rgt 3/6Reference book re-enactment..........Bavarian Cheveauleger Rgt 3/6

The cap band is a distinctive peach red colour (as is the piping) with a Bavarian cockade marking it out as a chevauleger officers cap from either regt 3 or 6 of the Royal Bavarian Army. This was the only contingent of the four armies to still field these cavalry regiments.

The cap is made to a high quality with a melton cloth crown material (seen better days, but it is 100 years old) with a leather chin strap. Inside lining is all silk with leather sweatband.

Reference book re-enactment..........Bavarian Cheveauleger Rgt 3/6Reference book re-enactment..........Bavarian Cheveauleger Rgt 3/6Reference book re-enactment..........Bavarian Cheveauleger Rgt 3/6Reference book re-enactment..........Bavarian Cheveauleger Rgt 3/6Reference book re-enactment..........Bavarian Cheveauleger Rgt 3/6Reference book re-enactment..........Bavarian Cheveauleger Rgt 3/6Reference book re-enactment..........Bavarian Cheveauleger Rgt 3/6

cheers

Tony

?

Reference book re-enactment..........Bavarian Cheveauleger Rgt 3/6Reference book re-enactment..........Bavarian Cheveauleger Rgt 3/6Reference book re-enactment..........Bavarian Cheveauleger Rgt 3/6Here is the pre-war version, with a reserve officer's cross.

BobS

Great stuff, Bob!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”