Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Royalty, General Officer & Personality Headgear

Article about: Klappmutze for the young Kaiser when he was Kronprinz. Credit: DR

Feldgrau visor attributed to a Baden general (no interior photo):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royalty, General Officer & Personality Headgear  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

ccj
    ?

Nice Baden cap

This is a good condition Pre WW1 Imperial German Kaiser Wilhelm William the 1st Peak Cap Hat King of Prussia. The hat is a outstanding doe skin material with two very minor moth nips to the left of the cockade on the red band only. There is some minor mothing between the peak itself and the body but this can only be seen when you tilt the cap up and it not noticable otherwise. Some very minor moth tracks across the top of the hat also. The calf skin liner does not have any rips or tears. The inside top has some sweat stains on it but the symbol for Kaiser Wilhelm is still present and shows well. Size is approx 7 3/8. Though not shown this hat is capable of folding down for transit as was popular at the time. I have had this in my collection for over 20 years and have finally decided to sell it. A true personallity piece of history in times were people worship tv idols these days. Kaiser Wilhelm was King of Prussia from 1861 to 1888 and survived multiple assisination attemps
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royalty, General Officer & Personality Headgear   Royalty, General Officer & Personality Headgear  

Royalty, General Officer & Personality Headgear   Royalty, General Officer & Personality Headgear  

Royalty, General Officer & Personality Headgear   Royalty, General Officer & Personality Headgear  

Feldgrau visor attributed to KW:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royalty, General Officer & Personality Headgear   Royalty, General Officer & Personality Headgear  

Kaiser Wilhelm II peaked cap Chief Baden 110th Grenadier

This is the pre 1914 visor (in the traditional red and blue) belonging to Albrecht of Wurrtemberg, next in line for the throne of Wurttemberg. Albrecht is most often see is the traditional red/blue uniform and this visor. Albrecht had two brothers – Robert (whose Dragoon Regt. 26 dress visor (shown) and his war time crusher and field gray generals uniform I also have (not shown), and younger brother Ulrich.

Both of these visors made by the maker, even though one has the drawn string sweatband and the other visor doesn’t. Other interesting details is that the Royal Crown and “A” in Albrecht’s visor is larger than the Royal Crown and “R” for Robert. This size difference denotes the higher rank of Albrecht, as next in line for the throne.

What adds to the interest (and possibly value of this visor) of Albrecht’s visor is that he was a Feld Marshall and recipient of the Pour Le Merite with Oak leaves.

(CTF)

Robert of Wurttem. (light blue and orange banded visor) his two visors – one a very foldable crusher with royal crest inside.Looking for inside photo. His M1915 feld bluse as general, with sewn ribbons from an old gun collector.
    Looking for Albrecht items – his cap (blue/red) the one that I have, is the only item of his that has turned up in collector hands, that I know of. Albrecht scarce.

(ctf)

ccj
    ?

Nice caps and bluse

Prussia : Finest white cloth with red waistband and red forelocks. With Prussian cockade. Embossed leather peak. Fine white silk lining with the crowned cipher "W" of Kaiser Wilhelm II embossed in gold. Finest light brown leather sweatband. Signs of wear and use commensurate with age. A large part of Kaiser Wilhelm II's extensive uniform is now in museum possession, mainly Huis Doorn in the Netherlands. Only a few pieces of uniform and headgear have survived in private hands. The visor hat offered here stands out not only because it belonged to the legendary cuirassier regiment of the Gardes du Corps, but also because the Kaiser actually wore it a lot over a long period of time. As can be seen in numerous contemporary photographs, the uniform of the Gardes du Corps regiment was one of the Emperor's favourite garments. Accordingly, it is a very personal memento from the possession of the last German Emperor. Important imperial peaked cap of Wilhelm II from one of the most prestigious regiments of the Prussian army.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2