Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Saxon (Train) Officers Field Cap

Article about: Hi Finally got another M1910 field cap to add to the collection, boy are they getting hard to find. This one I found at the war and peace show on Thursday this week, it was calling to me fro

Default Saxon (Train) Officers Field Cap

Hi

Finally got another M1910 field cap to add to the collection, boy are they getting hard to find.

This one I found at the war and peace show on Thursday this week, it was calling to me from the back corner of a dealers tent the poor thing was abandoned and unloved.

To be fair it was in need of some attention as the steel spring had come through the crown in places, it was missing the chin strap and was in need of a good clean as it was filthy and covered in dust.

The plus points were it was for an officer of the train, the crown material is exceptionally high quality material, it has a lovely champagne yellow colour silk lining and was maker marked to the prestigious Eduard Sachs of Berlin.

A few hours restro work and ...............hey presto it's not looking to bad for a 100 years old.

cheers

Tony

Saxon (Train) Officers Field CapSaxon (Train) Officers Field CapSaxon (Train) Officers Field CapSaxon (Train) Officers Field CapSaxon (Train) Officers Field CapSaxon (Train) Officers Field Cap

inside shots.............

Saxon (Train) Officers Field CapSaxon (Train) Officers Field CapSaxon (Train) Officers Field Cap

crown remains stained from the spring rusting inside the cap.

Saxon (Train) Officers Field CapSaxon (Train) Officers Field Cap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Saxon (Train) Officers Field Cap   Saxon (Train) Officers Field Cap  

nice job.

Very cool cap!....

Saxon (Train) Officers Field Cap

A photo showing an NCO of the train.

he wears the 1907/10 field cap with the pre war field grey tunic and note the "horse drivers" boots.

cheers

Tony

?

Great cap!

?

A very nice cap; congratulations.

BobS

Smart snag--looks terrific....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”