Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Schwedter Adler Traditions-badged Headgear

Article about: 1. Brandenburgischen Dragoner-Rgts. Nr. 2

Guide to the lineage of those units entitled to wear the Schwedter Adler.
    Credit: jacques
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schwedter Adler Traditions-badged Headgear  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Dunkelblau Officer's Visor.
    Credit: Bobby L
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schwedter Adler Traditions-badged Headgear   Schwedter Adler Traditions-badged Headgear  

Schwedter Adler Traditions-badged Headgear  

Late-war Officer & NCO visors:
    (ctf)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schwedter Adler Traditions-badged Headgear  

Pre-1898 example:

Loose Imperial-era Schwedter in zinc:
    Attached Images Attached Images Schwedter Adler Traditions-badged Headgear  Schwedter Adler Traditions-badged Headgear 

Feldgrau:

Hat is real, but piping should be black. In any event, putting it here for now:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schwedter Adler Traditions-badged Headgear   Schwedter Adler Traditions-badged Headgear  

Schwedter Adler Traditions-badged Headgear   Schwedter Adler Traditions-badged Headgear  

Schwedter Adler Traditions-badged Headgear   Schwedter Adler Traditions-badged Headgear  

From my cross-town friend:

"Dragoon Regt. 2 officer with Schwedt eagle. This eagle brass, but patined darker. Top doeskin, leather sweatband, pressed paper visor and unusual chin strap. Unmarked, as all are I have seen are. Have seen this Ersatz chin strap once before on WWI visors. Note the way it is folded in.

Next, pair of D.R. 2 visors--This one has the regulation M1915 German silver eagle and made of quality ribbed material.

Last photo – all three D.R. 2 officer visors. Absolutely last ditch fabric and sewing skill on the painted eagle on this visor."

1936 Officer Rangliste for the Brandenburgischen Dragoner-Rgt. It had more noble officers than Garde du Corps. This was one of the most prestigious kav. Regt. in the German army:

Default Nobles/Adel

It had more noble officers than Garde du Corps.
    Interesting observation:

I had a look at the last peacetime Rangliste of the Prussian army (1914). The officer establishment of the Regiment Garde du Corps was 27 and that of a line cavalry regiment was 26. As can be seen from the figures below, both the RGdC (31) and DR 2 (27) were over establishment. I would contend, however, that there was no real comparison in the relative seniority in terms of noble rank between the two. RGdC drew many of its officers from the highest princely families and former hereditary ruling counts of Prussia. I counted a further 19 Offiziere von der Armee (which included those members of the the very high nobility accorded honorary military rank), including various Fürsten, Princes, Counts and Barons with the uniform of the RGdC. No Offizier von der Armee is listed with the uniform of DR 2 in 1914. I think in the terms of the Prussian cavalry, you would be hard-pushed to out-noble the Regiment Garde du Corps. Noble rank in seniority is listed from top to bottom.

RGdC

3 X Prinz/Erbprinz (Prince)
    17 X Graf/Erbgraf (Count)
    4 X Freiherr (Baron)
    7 X von (Noble)

DR Nr. 2

5 X Graf
    4 X Freiherr
    18 X von

Regards
    Glenn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast