Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Technical Troops (Feldgrau): Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors

Article about: From my cross-town friend: "A few years ago, I obtained this war time private purchase war time visor from a German collector. The cap fabric is heavy ribbed corduroy (probably suit or

Feldgrau NCO for Hessen:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors   Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors  

Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors   Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors  

Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

"IMPERIAL GERMAN PAPER CLOTH ARTILLERY MANS VISOR CAP.
    Any item of Imperial German militaria constructed in paper cloth is considered extremely rare, the paper cloth was introduced to substitute the lack of wool during the blockade of Germany in WWI. This extremely rare example has seen much service and is in a delicate condition. The whole body of the cap is constructed in the paper cloth with the exception of the black (artillery/transport/engineer troops) centre band. Red waffenfarbe to the crown and to the upper and lower sections of the black centre band. Complete with its original enlisted mans Prussian and state cockades, which have lost the majority of their paint. The main body of the cap is in excellent condition without any damage. The centre band has been covered with a camouflaged band made from the identical material as helmet covers. The black fibre peak is loosely attached to the cap. The ersatz sweatband is all complete but has lost some of the stitching securing it to the main body of the cap. As the cap is viewed at least a 7cm section of the stitching securing the visor to the main body is damaged, however the cap has good shape and is an extremely good example of ersatz production."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors   Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors  

Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors   Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors  

Attached Images Attached Images Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors 

High-quality Feldgrau Officer from the presigious firm of Mohr & Speyer:

Attached Images Attached Images Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors  Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors 

NCO w/ a leather visor:
    (Ben VK)

Technical Troops Officer--some pi$$-poor stitching under the lower ring of piping, but that's war for you:

Last edited by stonemint; 02-13-2019 at 02:13 AM.

NCO-quality visor w/ officer cockades:

Reserve Officer w/ velvet band & heavy trikot body:
    US $673.57

Last edited by stonemint; 06-25-2019 at 03:49 AM.

Württemberg-Artillerie/ Verkehrstruppen Officer.
    (this might be a verein visor).
    Hat was made by Alfred Valet.
    US $557.32

Last edited by stonemint; 10-15-2019 at 03:26 AM.

?

Default Bavarian Officer's Crucher Cap

I recently picked up this Bavarian cap, construction is cotton and card board.Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen VisorsTechnical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors

Peter Kupper (Pekuro) Kupperia lightweight NCO :

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3