Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Württemberg Schirmmütze?

Article about: Good Evening / Morning Ladies and Gentlemen A question or three if I could have your indulgence. 1. I'm assuming it represents Württemberg? 2. Does the visor below appear to be genuine? I'm

Default Württemberg Schirmmütze?

Good Evening / Morning Ladies and Gentlemen

A question or three if I could have your indulgence.

1. I'm assuming it represents Württemberg?

2. Does the visor below appear to be genuine? I'm not seeing any red flags, but having said that, what I know about these could be written on the back of a postage stamp. Am I correct in my observations?

3. I am aware that it could be from a variety of services including Artillerie, Pioniere and Verkehrstruppen, but for the time being I'm just pretending it's for a Flieger Abteilung...If genuine, what would you consider to be a reasonable price - and I know that this is a loaded question...it depends on how much the buyer is willing to spend...It appears in quite / very good condition - with only the one moth nip and very minor tracking.

Many thanks for any and all assistance.

Cheers
    Tim

Württemberg Schirmmütze?Württemberg Schirmmütze?Württemberg Schirmmütze?Württemberg Schirmmütze?Württemberg Schirmmütze?Württemberg Schirmmütze?Württemberg Schirmmütze?

Hi

Its is a good one, you are correct on the state and it is for other ranks.

This is a 1915 model, for the future "peace time army" and has the correct grey peak. These caps were private purchase items only and were worn for parades and walking out.

The unit is more than likely to be an artillery or pioneer and if the seller is putting a premium price on it as fleiger then walk away. Also pilots tended to be officers or a senior NCO and not other ranks.

This seller has a few choice items available so price is up to you.....it is not a rare cap btw.

Hope this helps and good luck.

cheers

Tony

Many thanks for the reply Tony.

The seller is being truthful and states it could be Artillery or Aviation. It has a 'Buy it now' price of US$879, which seems a trifle high to me. Having said this I have not seen very many (any) of these caps and I have been looking off and on for some time now.

Again, many thanks.

Cheers
    Tim

Hi Tim

That seems a high price IMO and they can go on german e bay for a lot less than that.

One went recently for about $350...........this one is in a lot better condition but as I said not a rare cap although they are harder to find.

I have an officers version for this state and it did not cost nearly as much.

Again its down to you and how much you want the cap.................

good luck

cheers

Tony

Tim

forgot to ask, was it the field grey peak cap you are after with the black cap band or just a cap with the black cap band and a black peak ?

The field grey peaks are a lot rarer but caps with black peaks for artillery etc are easier to obtain.

Tony

Hi Tony

Again, thank you for your assistance.

I'd prefer the black peak and an Officer variety purely because of my small collection - however, I do have to say, this coloured peak is more than a little attractive!

After consideration and in light of your comments, I'll forgo this one and continue the search.

So many wants, far too little money...

Cheers
    Tim

Hi Tim

That's not a bad decision I reckon............one will come along soon enough.

You need to look for one with a velvet cap band for it to be an officers. The black peak versions are easier to find but still canl prove elusive. They command a higher price than infantry which seem to be more prolific for some reason.......

Good luck.

cheers

Tony

?

I like this cap, but the price is very high, IMHO, especially for an enlisted version.
    Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $500, at most, allowing for the fact that the colored peak caps are scarcer than the common black peaks.

BobS