Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

WWI German soldier honorary Clothe plaque

Article about: I'm visiting in Germany and visited an Antique store and the lady was very kind to show me this WWI clothe plaque that honors sum soldier. Woven into the clothe is real edelweiss and is extr

?

Default WWI German soldier honorary Clothe plaque

I'm visiting in Germany and visited an Antique store and the lady was very kind to show me this WWI clothe plaque that honors sum soldier. Woven into the clothe is real edelweiss and is extremely old and brittle. Was wandering what exactly it is and if it's worth purchasing?WWI German soldier honorary Clothe plaque
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI German soldier honorary Clothe plaque  

Quote by Mkuls View Post
    I'm visiting in Germany and visited an Antique store and the lady was very kind to show me this WWI clothe plaque that honors sum soldier. Woven into the clothe is real edelweiss and is extremely old and brittle. Was wandering what exactly it is and if it's worth purchasing?
    It's a picture frame, or more precisely, a matte to be installed inside a proper picture frame. The text roughly translates as: "As a memory of having participated in the World War 1914 - 18".

Whether it is worth purchasing to you is, of course, wholly subjective and depends on your interests and taste. Due its condition, the item is not too highly valuable in purely financial terms.

Oh, and the USMC enlistment stripes don't belong there, of course.

If reasonably priced I'd go for it...It would look good once reframed, in my opinion....
    cheers, Glenn

Very nice. Thought I would share my one, a commemorative example for a dead soldier. It says something like 'You died too early and are missed, you were so kind and good that you will never be forgotten' I have since framed it with a big black frame and it looks great. I think the example shown is more attractive than my one, but they are both evocative pieces.

Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI German soldier honorary Clothe plaque   WWI German soldier honorary Clothe plaque  

WWI German soldier honorary Clothe plaque