Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1917 Sturmtruppe IV Korps Badge

Article about: Another Rare Beauty I was able to score recently... cheers, Glenn

Yes, they're generally known as Kappenabzeichen/Cap Badges...although there are larger variants seen on tunics...I've posted tons of photos of these badges in wear on a previous thread recently...
    cheers, Glenn

?

I really like your badge buddy.

?

I agree with the gentleman who said he did not like these Kappenabzeichen. He gave no reasons, though I am sure he had some or he wouldn't have made the statement. These badges are current reproductions and there are several features that point to this. First, these are cast. Notice the poor details to the reverses. Original examples are stamped and have crisp details on the back an more often than not, a clear manufacturer mark. Secondly, these pin configurations are not of the period. I don't claim to be an expert in this field though I have a goodly collection of these. Of course, I have seen many hundreds of them over the years and I have never seen so many repros as there are out there now. Very few of the reproductions are of common badges. Most represent the more desirable pieces (as you would expect).

As indicated, I have never seen this type of pin on an original badge and if you compare the reverse sides of these to any original piece you will quickly see the obvious difference.

I can certainly understand the defensive responses to the stark statements of "I don't like it", but the sad fact remains that these and the death head artillery piece are all fakes.

Respectfully,
    CCMJR

?

Quote by CCMJR View Post
    I have a goodly collection of these. Of course, I have seen many hundreds of them over the years and I have never seen so many repros as there are out there now.
    Respectfully,
    CCMJR
    Hello CCMJR,
    This is a first time for me to see these types of badges. I think they are very interesting and something I would like to add to my WW1 collection. So I'm here to learn. Would you mind posting some pic's of the ones you have? Like I mentioned, this request is so that I can learn something here and walkaway from this thread knowing Good from Bad.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by CCMJR View Post
    I agree with the gentleman who said he did not like these Kappenabzeichen. He gave no reasons, though I am sure he had some or he wouldn't have made the statement. These badges are current reproductions and there are several features that point to this. First, these are cast. Notice the poor details to the reverses. Original examples are stamped and have crisp details on the back an more often than not, a clear manufacturer mark. Secondly, these pin configurations are not of the period. I don't claim to be an expert in this field though I have a goodly collection of these. Of course, I have seen many hundreds of them over the years and I have never seen so many repros as there are out there now. Very few of the reproductions are of common badges. Most represent the more desirable pieces (as you would expect).

As indicated, I have never seen this type of pin on an original badge and if you compare the reverse sides of these to any original piece you will quickly see the obvious difference.

I can certainly understand the defensive responses to the stark statements of "I don't like it", but the sad fact remains that these and the death head artillery piece are all fakes.

Respectfully,
    CCMJR
    Hello CCMJR

Thank,s for a little support.
    Will be good start an theme of Austrohungarian kappenabzeichen from the begin.
    First all known manufacturers and marks, then books of them and also the pins.

Best regards Sašo

?

Hello AZphil,

I will see about getting some scans of a selection of my badges to show what original ones should look like. When I get that done, I will start a new thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2