Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Austro-Hungarian caps

Article about: I'm new to the forum and I would like to start a thread for collectors to show their Austro-Hungarian headgear. I am mostly interested in cloth caps, but anything is welcome. I'll start with

Default Austro-Hungarian caps

I'm new to the forum and I would like to start a thread for collectors to show their Austro-Hungarian headgear. I am mostly interested in cloth caps, but anything is welcome.
    I'll start with a couple of my caps...Bring it on!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austro-Hungarian caps   Austro-Hungarian caps  

CBH
    ?

Hello and Welcome to the Forum . A couple of Lovely hats you have there , please post more views of both .

Thanks Chris! Here is the inside of each cap. The feldgrau cap has a 1916 manufacturer date and a 1917 depot issue date.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austro-Hungarian caps   Austro-Hungarian caps  

CBH
    ?

They are great hats . What is the insignia on the side of the second one ?

It's a badge for Kaiser Karl. These were the Austrian version of the later WW2 German tinnies. They are referred to as kappenabzeichen and there were thousands of different versions produced. There is also a cluster of pressed and dried edelweiss flowers.

CBH
    ?

They are the Great Grandfather of the Bergmütze , thank you for posting them .

Hopefully we'll get a nice collection of pics on this thread.

?

Hi bcalkins.
    I see your avatar on one Italian forum...and a lot of Austrohungarian caps ...all genuine and in great shape!!

Thank you. Yes, I have posted often on that forum and learned a lot of great information. The forum seems to be down now....I don't know why.

I have also seen your post with your fantastic collection of found relics. Very impressive.