Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Austro-Hungarian Uniforms from the end of WW1

Article about: Hello, I am posting this request on behalf of a friend who is researching his father’s early military training. “ The attached photo is of a postcard from the end of WW1 and taken at the Art

Default Austro-Hungarian Uniforms from the end of WW1

Hello, I am posting this request on behalf of a friend who is researching his father’s early military training.

“ The attached photo is of a postcard from the end of WW1 and taken at the Artillery Officers School in Hajmasker, Hungary. I would be interested if anyone on War Relics would have colour images from a book of the uniforms (dress uniforms and regular uniforms) of lower ranks at this school - particularly as shown in the photo. The lower ranks would have been artillery privates (Kononier in German) and corporals (Geschütz-Vormeister in German). ”

Many thanks in advance on behalf of my friend.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austro-Hungarian Uniforms from the end of WW1  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hello Tony

For my opinion this picture is taken around 1905- 1910, because they wear old uniforms.....
    Hope that the explanation help...

Sašo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austro-Hungarian Uniforms from the end of WW1  

?

The wearing of old uniforms for training was common during the war, so it is possible to see guys in prewar uniforms late during the war.Austro-Hungarian Uniforms from the end of WW1