Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A Berndorfer

Article about: Please pardon my ignorance, BUT What is a Berndorfer? I can see its a helmet, but I've never seen/heard of one before. Could someone be so kind as to enlighten me on the subject?

Default A Berndorfer

Hi all, Here is a WWI Berndorfer. I took the pictures fast this afternoon to help a member on another forum, but thought that you might like to see it as well, so here it is. No liner, but a complete liner band and web chinstrap with the typical Berndorfer friction buckle. Decent Austrian brown smooth combat paint, and the obligatory Berndorfer Bear over the size 66 stamp on the rear of the skirt. A few bullet dings that did not penetrate, but no doubt left Fritz with a bit of a headache and certainly attest to the fact that the original owner saw some combat! Hope you like it, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Berndorfer   A Berndorfer  

A Berndorfer   A Berndorfer  

Default Re: A Berndorfer

You really come up with some great helmets,Did you pick this up in the US.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    You really come up with some great helmets,Did you pick this up in the US.
    Thanks Chris, I have gone to hundreds of shows and probably thousands of junk shops and antique stores over the years, and with those numbers one is bound to strike gold once in a while. I lucked into this one at a militaria show in a small town in the North East. I am glad you like it. Cheers, Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Thanks Chris, I have gone to hundreds of shows and probably thousands of junk shops and antique stores over the years, and with those numbers one is bound to strike gold once in a while. I lucked into this one at a militaria show in a small town in the North East. I am glad you like it. Cheers, Jim G.
    I have never been to a military show in the US are they any good.I have been to military show in Germany,France and Belgium they were good but they were very expensive.

Chris

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I have never been to a military show in the US are they any good.I have been to military show in Germany,France and Belgium they were good but they were very expensive.

Chris
    Believe it or not, I have never gone to any of the big shows, just local shows at VFW's, armories, etc. I guess the biggest shows that I have made have been at the Big-E in Springfield, Mass. when I am in the area while a gun show or militaria show is on. The really big shows are supposed to be great, but I understand that a good percentage of the good pieces get snapped up in the previews before the shows even get started. I still intend to go to one one of these days, but just haven't had the hole in the work or home schedules to fit one in yet. Cheers, Jim G.

I will try to go to one of them someday.I really need to find a good book on WW1 and WW2 German helmets.
    How many of this type of helmet were made any info would be great.
    where were they use.

Jim, super helmet rare and pricey even without a liner, made by (as if you didnt know) "Berndorfer Metal-Warenfabrik A Krupp AG Berndorf, Austria" using the "Bear" logo as a mm in sizes 64,66, they also made the M18 "Hungarian helmet", as well as the Berndorfer & variants. Thanks for showing.

ccj
    ?

Terrific... would be nice to have a Berndorfer relic. That will be a great display item.

M18 "Hungarian helmet" is wrong designation. Berndorf is in Austria, not Hungary

Marko, Belgrade, Serbia

Quote by mclakic View Post
    M18 "Hungarian helmet" is wrong designation. Berndorf is in Austria, not Hungary

Marko, Belgrade, Serbia
    mclakic....who designated it Hungarian ?......
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast