Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hungarian Bronze plaque - ww1 or ww2?

Article about: Before putting this bronze plaque for offer I would like to know, if it is ww1 or ww2 one. Plaque is 63 x 89 mm and weights 115 grams. It shows a portrait of King Stephen, founder of Hungari

?

Default Hungarian Bronze plaque - ww1 or ww2?

Before putting this bronze plaque for offer I would like to know, if it is ww1 or ww2 one.
    Plaque is 63 x 89 mm and weights 115 grams. It shows a portrait of King Stephen, founder of Hungarian Kingdom sending Hungarian soldier to the battle. Text says (approximately): Thousand years - still the same odds.

As there is no signature, or date, the only possibility how to identify the era, is via soldier´s equipment. Do you think is it possible to say from the helmet, gun, boots or any other detail, if this is ww1 hungarian soldier, or not?

Thanks in advance.

Hungarian Bronze plaque - ww1 or ww2?Hungarian Bronze plaque - ww1 or ww2?Hungarian Bronze plaque - ww1 or ww2?

?

It's from the 1920-30s - the text says: "Forward, to our 1000 years old borders" - so it means to Hungary's borders before the (very unfair I must say) "Trianon treaty" of 1920, when the neigbouring countries took lands 2/3 of Hungary.

?

Thank you very much. I see Google translator was of any help

Although I see this plaque doesn´t belong to this section anymore, can I have one more question? Can you please identifiy for me the medal on total left? It looks like some Hungarian military sports medal, showing the person throwing grenade with year 1936 on obverse.

Hungarian Bronze plaque - ww1 or ww2?Hungarian Bronze plaque - ww1 or ww2?

Miro

?

I'm not a medal collector ( yet ), so I'm not much help for you I'm afraid...

I can confirm that it's either a military or a "Levente" (Hungary's version of the "Hitlet Youth") paramilitary sport medal - the reverse is: JÁR. VER. are word abbreviations (I'm trying to find out what word is JÁR. - the VER. is VERSENY - as RACING

Levente (organization) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

?

Thank you for the info anyway. I think it´s not "Levente" youth medal, because there is also 1912-13 Mobilisation cross in the grouping. Although I am not sure if all medals belonged to one soldier.