Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Hungarian post WW1 Commemorative Medal for combatants (Haborús Emlékérem kardokkal és sisakkal)

Article about: Hi All, here's quite a common medal many of you may have come across in you travels. It's in silvered bronze medal with ‘PRO DEO ET PATRIA’ (Latin = For God and Country) on the back. The med

Default Hungarian post WW1 Commemorative Medal for combatants (Haborús Emlékérem kardokkal és sisakkal)

Hi All, here's quite a common medal many of you may have come across in you travels. It's in silvered bronze medal with ‘PRO DEO ET PATRIA’ (Latin = For God and Country) on the back. The medal was instituted by the Hungarian Government on 14th Nov. 1929 & awarded to those who had participated in World War I. There were two versions, one for combatants (this one) and one for non-combatants which does not have the crossed swords or helmet in the design,

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hungarian post WW1 Commemorative Medal for combatants (Haborús Emlékérem kardokkal és sisakkal)   Hungarian post WW1 Commemorative Medal for combatants (Haborús Emlékérem kardokkal és sisakkal)  

A common, but nice medal.

Allow me to add - just for additional information - that the rarer non-combatants' version of the medal also had a different ribbon, as seen in the center of this ribbon bar, flanked by the ribbons for the Austrian and Bulgarian non-combatants' WWI commemorative medals:

Hungarian post WW1 Commemorative Medal for combatants (Haborús Emlékérem kardokkal és sisakkal)

Nice bar HPL2008 I'd forgotten about the ribbon.