Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Postcard Of Austro Hungarian (KuK) Troops On Parade.

Article about: Hi All, I've picked up this interesting p/c of Austro Hungarian troops on parade during the WW1 period. Taken by a photographer from Slavkov (now in the Czech Republic). Of note are the woun

Default Postcard Of Austro Hungarian (KuK) Troops On Parade.

Hi All, I've picked up this interesting p/c of Austro Hungarian troops on parade during the WW1 period. Taken by a photographer from Slavkov (now in the Czech Republic). Of note are the wounded men, the band & the 3 girls in the top window standing in height order!!

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Postcard Of Austro Hungarian (KuK) Troops On Parade.   Postcard Of Austro Hungarian (KuK) Troops On Parade.  

I like it! Good pick up on the girls in the window.

Cheers Allegra, they've got bit of a spooky feel to me

Yes, actually looking at it again - I can feel that. All three with their arms down just staring. But I have to ask - the two older girls are in the same garb, but the smaller one just doesn't quite make it - I wonder why?

Cheers

Quote by Allegra View Post
    Yes, actually looking at it again - I can feel that. All three with their arms down just staring. But I have to ask - the two older girls are in the same garb, but the smaller one just doesn't quite make it - I wonder why?

Cheers
    Lol. The younger girls not old enough for the outfit! It's looks like they're standing to attention! Cheers, Richard.
    Last edited by DUJAILAH; 08-12-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Ya know Richard, looking at it yet again.....it is interesting to note that there is a discrepancy in their 'bibs'. I find it interesting that the youngest girl does not have one; the second eldest has three diamonds and the eldest has four diamonds.... Perhaps it is just a sign of the times and it related to their age.

Cheers

I wonder if it's a school uniform?

To be honest, I don't see diamonds; these look like plaid patterns to me.

Certainly stand to be corrected! Perhaps I over analysed it?

Cheers