Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW1 Austrian Water Bottle ? - Opinions please

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, Picked up a few pieces of military equipment at the weekend. Was told this piece is a WW1 Austrian army water bottle measures 20cm x 9cm - it well maybe - got to wondering a

catch21
    ?

Default Re: WW1 Austrian Water Bottle ? - Opinions please

I want to buy it

?

Picked this water bottle up at last weeks flea-market, thinking it was a between the wars Austrian water canteen, reading through this thread again and Oradour's informative and cogent 3rd post, I realize, it could well be a Czech post WW1 water bottle, it doesn't quite match - colour is brown and makers name Meva and date 1922 are enamelled on the body. But I think it could well be what he was writing about.
    Regards

[QUOTE=oradour;211607]Alec, you have a perfect original "Austrian" canteen (as Steve has said), this is what I have found, " The most common canteen that you will find is enameled 0.5 l bottle. Almost all of them will be stamped with either 'Austria', 'Brun' or other name and date (anything between 1915-1918) It is also known there are undated canteens. The Czechoslovaks also manufactured this type of canteen after the end of WWI and the only difference is the year of production and makers name stamped on the body.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Austrian Water Bottle ? - Opinions please   WW1 Austrian Water Bottle ? - Opinions please  

Here is a Czech version that I found in the trash in Germany when I was about 10 years old...marked C.A.S 1922...can't believe I still have this thing!
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images WW1 Austrian Water Bottle ? - Opinions please 

Default Mine from today

Picked up today at flea market in France..WW1 Austrian Water Bottle ? - Opinions please

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Austrian Water Bottle ? - Opinions please   WW1 Austrian Water Bottle ? - Opinions please  

?

Bielitz is a polish area Bielsko -Biala now.
    Meva is a czech firm, about the CAS i dont known exact origin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2