Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Ww1 photo identification help please serbian german austrian ??

Article about: Hello I picked up a few pics a few days ago can anyone help me identify wgat they are. is the first pic a pilot? thank you for your time and help Tony

?

Default Ww1 photo identification help please serbian german austrian ??

Hello
    I picked up a few pics a few days ago can anyone help me identify wgat they are.
    is the first pic a pilot?
    thank you for your time and help
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 photo identification help please serbian german austrian ??   Ww1 photo identification help please serbian german austrian ??  

Ww1 photo identification help please serbian german austrian ??   Ww1 photo identification help please serbian german austrian ??  

Ww1 photo identification help please serbian german austrian ??   Ww1 photo identification help please serbian german austrian ??  

Default Re: Ww1 photo identification help please serbian german austrian ??

The man isn't a pilot, he is with the Railroad...I believe the other men are Slavs in the Austro-Hungarian Army...Note the Austrian-style (Triangular) ribbons on the man pictured with his wife...wish I could help more!
    cheers, Glenn

I noticed one pic is marked 'SARAJEVO' - which is in Bosnia-Herzegovina.
    Interestingly, in 1914 Archduke Ferdinand of Austria was assasinated
    in Sarejevo, which started WWI.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Definitely Austro-Hungarian troops.

A Pioneer troops sabre -Model 1853 or Model 1853/89. Also issued to troops such as gunners and members of the Transport Corps
    Other swords in the pictures are also Austro-Hungarian.

Can't help with the uniforms - not my thing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 photo identification help please serbian german austrian ??  
    Attached Images Attached Images Ww1 photo identification help please serbian german austrian ?? 

?

Hello
    thank you all with helping ID the photos
    much appreciated
    Tony

?

The unifurms are KuK, but all of the labels and writings are in Hungarian, so there are Hungarian people in the Kuk Army.

Quote by Elnar View Post
    The unifurms are KuK, but all of the labels and writings are in Hungarian, so there are Hungarian people in the Kuk Army.
    That's above is right. Also have a look at this site Austro-Hungarian Land Forces 1848-1918

?

Quote by Elnar View Post
    Yes right. On the first foto is a man who serve in railway troops and on another transmission corp, then we have some Ulaner...is an Hungarian cavallery troops in Austrohungarian army.