Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI Austrian Helmet? Info needed.

Article about: This helmet is going up for sale at a local auction. I mostly collect TR stuff but like any thing like this I can get a deal on. I was trying to figure out how you tell the differance in a W

Default WWI Austrian Helmet? Info needed.

This helmet is going up for sale at a local auction. I mostly collect TR stuff but like any thing like this I can get a deal on. I was trying to figure out how you tell the differance in a WWI german helmet and WWI Austrian helmet is it the chin strap? Just wondering what you think this helmet is worth so I do not over pay? Most of the helmets like this I saw online have a leather chin strap unlike this one. Thanks for your help, Robert
    Attached Images Attached Images WWI Austrian Helmet?  Info needed.  WWI Austrian Helmet?  Info needed. 

Default Re: WWI Austrian Helmet? Info needed.

Man looks like the liner is made of vinyl maybe? Shell looks WW1, wait for others to post...

first pic is a M16 German Helmet
    second is a M16 Austrian Helmet
    Eric
    WWI Austrian Helmet?  Info needed.WWI Austrian Helmet?  Info needed.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Thanks, Eric for showing me the difference in the two helmets. Any idea of value? If you would rather not post that here you can PM me. Thanks, Robert

Quote by TNcollector View Post
    Thanks, Eric for showing me the difference in the two helmets. Any idea of value? If you would rather not post that here you can PM me. Thanks, Robert
    Not sure on value these are not part of my collecting field wish you luck on your search.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

IMO a nice original M17 Austro-Hungarian steel helmet....see here for more information, https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...ian-m16-27203/ Worth more than an M16/17 German equivalent, at around £400 ($600).
    Prost ! Steve.

It would have been cool if they would have had decals back then. I guess there wasn't really point though. lol

Thanks for the help guys, I will keep you updated the auction is tomorrow night. I saw a picture of a WWI austrian helmet with a decal looking around online don't know much about it but here it is.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Austrian Helmet?  Info needed.  
    Last edited by TNcollector; 10-21-2011 at 04:21 AM.

I was not able to get the helmet it brought $675. Oh well, better luck next time, I guess. Just I would let you guys know. Cheers, Robert