Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Alcoso Dagger for purchase verification

Article about: Hello, as I am now in time of sending cash to my bank account to pay for this piece, I would like to be sure I am good with my decision. Seller states that this is early Alcoso not touched s

Default Alcoso Dagger for purchase verification

Hello, as I am now in time of sending cash to my bank account to pay for this piece, I would like to be sure I am good with my decision.
    Seller states that this is early Alcoso not touched since the war end , it is personalized ( got inscribed A) on the back.

PHOTOS:
    Alcoso Dagger for purchase verificationAlcoso Dagger for purchase verificationAlcoso Dagger for purchase verificationAlcoso Dagger for purchase verificationAlcoso Dagger for purchase verificationAlcoso Dagger for purchase verificationAlcoso Dagger for purchase verificationAlcoso Dagger for purchase verificationAlcoso Dagger for purchase verificationAlcoso Dagger for purchase verificationAlcoso Dagger for purchase verification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Alcoso Dagger for purchase verification
    P
    Many

The crossguard does not appear to be the "High lift type " associated with this producer..and hidden very well beneath a carefully tied portepee. Not much to go on and will let the Heer Gents comment on it further. hang onto your money for the time being....wait for a clear and precise answer..it may be worth it.

Alcoso daggers are plentiful to find. No worries Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Must see the crossguard! Larry you would not see a High lift with this maker mark I bet it’s a Type-3 or Type-2 if you’re real Lucky Looks good so far but must see that guard! To make sure its an Alcoso. Killer personalization though.

Agree with Tom, looks to be a very nice earlier type 3, may be an Eisenkopf! (Ferrous metal based fittings) Best, Kevin.

And by all means lets see the whole personalization ! looks really nice so far.

?

The Gents above said/asked it all.
    To me it looks like a nice Alcoso 3rd pattern.
    1 thing that caught my eye is the top of the grip, and im not completely sure.
    Alcoso used a small base pommel and that needs a grip with a smaler topbase as the usual ones.
    This one looks different, could be the angle but im not sure, would like to see one pic straight on the pommel/grip line.

Might as well just be the angle the pic is taken...could be the rim is hidden under the grip and the angle could make the grip look larger then it is.
    here an example of what i mean, left yours, right side mine
    Ger
    Alcoso Dagger for purchase verificationAlcoso Dagger for purchase verification

Ger, good observation looks like that base ring is missing/machined down, hard to tell from the photos provided, It would be nice to see a close up of pommel/grip..... interesting

Mario

The sharpest of eyes have spoken..Thanks Gents
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill