Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Alcoso Heer dagger ''High Lift''

Article about: Hello Guys, I received this Heer dagger today, it is a Alcoso High lift. What do you think of the scabbard? is it also Alcoso? is it matching the dagger if you look at the leaf details? the

Default Alcoso Heer dagger ''High Lift''

Hello Guys,

I received this Heer dagger today, it is a Alcoso High lift.

What do you think of the scabbard? is it also Alcoso? is it matching the dagger if you look at the leaf details? the patina is definitely matching.
    The knot original?

Please let me know what you think of this Alcoso.. if you need some more pics please let me know.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Alcoso Heer dagger ''High Lift''   Alcoso Heer dagger ''High Lift''  

Alcoso Heer dagger ''High Lift''   Alcoso Heer dagger ''High Lift''  

Alcoso Heer dagger ''High Lift''  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Alcoso Heer dagger ''High Lift''
    P
    Many

Default Re: Alcoso Heer dagger ''High Lift''

Hi Nm... a great source reference is this link here on this forum https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...ecting-245946/
    I am not sure the scabbard is Alcoso as the oak leaf grouping on the carrying bands do not resemble Alcoso or anything I have seen before.There is no fine detail or enhancing what is normally seen on these type of bands The crossguard eagle is one I have not encountered but comes close to the 4th variant used for Alcoso. Wait for other opinions but peruse through the link I attached above. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I must admit that I do not like the bands on the scabbard, I kinda look differently than it should be on the 4th type Alcoso army dagger.
    And screws, it should actually be only one forward, not two, on the sides.
    Portepee looks ok, but would still like to see a black-light test.
    The rest of daggers, seems to me OK.

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Alcoso Heer dagger ''High Lift''  

?

Scabbard looks ok to me, the side screws may be replacements as most late ACS armies have two protruding flat headed screws. The bands are identical to ones on a slightly earlier Alcoso that I own. Scabbards post 1941 will have the single centrally placed throat screw.
    The screws have certainly been out on this dagger, as has the throat but matching in my opinion.