Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Alcoso Heer Officer Dagger

Article about: Really nice textbook early Alcoso army dagger! I love that dark grip. Thanks for showing Danny

Default Alcoso Heer Officer Dagger

Hey guys I really need your opinions on this Heer officer dagger. I think it is an Alcoso Third type? The makers mark is on the front, is that proof the blade has been taken out and put backwards? It has a portepee and Army Hangers. I'm pretty sure the parts are original, but I'm afraid it could be a parts dagger? If you need any other photos just let me know. I appreciate any of your thoughts and observations
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Alcoso Heer Officer Dagger   Alcoso Heer Officer Dagger  

Alcoso Heer Officer Dagger   Alcoso Heer Officer Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Alcoso Heer Officer Dagger
    P
    Many

More photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Alcoso Heer Officer Dagger   Alcoso Heer Officer Dagger  

More

portepee and hangar

I almost forgot, the handle twist about 5 degrees or so. Is that something to be worried about?

?

Lovely early ACS, nothing wrong with that one and leave the blade exactly as it is........the maker mark to rear is a myth and a bad myth at that.

Personally, I like it. It looks good and I'm not seeing anything to worry about. The hangers are a nice bonus.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you Jon and William.

Is there any way to verify that the hangar and portepee are original to the dagger? In the eighth photo it seems as if the portepee has left a wear pattern on the crossguard. But how do we know it was this portepee!

I didn't show the reverse side of the scabbard or the bottom of the pommel.

Unfortunately, there really isn't very much of a way that you can tell what came with what. The portapee, I doubt is the one it was originally worn with, as quite often, if they've been tied in place for 70 years or more, they're pretty much nearly welded into the knots and are almost impossible to get off without damaging it or dismantling the whole thing. Naturally, the dagger did have a portapee tied onto it as well as the hangers, as can be seen by the old wear marks, and the 2 pieces that are on this dagger look proper, but were they there from day one? But does it really matter, in the long run? They were all the same and they are what Would have been on it in the first place, so I can see no reason to worry.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Nice complete Heer ACS dagger lovely. timothy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast