Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Alcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant grip

Article about: This one dropped on my magic doorstep today, and im thrilled to show you one of the rarest Slants you can encounter. Silvered parts have been slightly cleaned, but other then a small presure

?

Default Alcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant grip

This one dropped on my magic doorstep today, and im thrilled to show you one of the rarest Slants you can encounter.
    Silvered parts have been slightly cleaned, but other then a small presure dent in the lower scabbard part, its almost mint.
    The dagger has a beautiful Slant grip, hand enhanced Eagle & Pommel with a to die for blade.
    Its all heavily silvered brass, and it comes with a fixed pommel, like Alcoso often did those days.
    1st pattern alcoso crossguard and very well executed first type Logo, lovely blackenend on a mint blade.
    This type of blade has a very fine crossgrain with almost a nickel like polish, i have been searching for years to find an Alcoso Slant so im very proud to share this one with you.
    Enjoy this dagger
    Regards,
    Ger
    Alcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant gripAlcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant grip

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Alcoso HOD 1st pattern with Slant grip
    P
    Many

Ger
    Great early Alcoso Slant. Congratulations on adding this to your collection. Both my Alcoso slants have fixed pommels as well.

?

What a great example you found Ger! Textbook all the way and in great shape too! The blade is just beatiful with the perfectly executed maker mark. A rare beauty indeed. I love it!

Danny

?

Ger , that is a dagger i would love , congrats on your find ....silvered brass fittings , looking at your pics i can almost feel the quality and it must be very heavy The fixed pommel is something new i have learnt so many thanks for that info !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

wow!!
    Love it

Hi Ger, this is perfect early slant grip. I like your photos, because on them I can see almost each detail of pommel, crossguard, scabbard rings and blade markings. Dagger itself is in fantastic condition, first I think scabbard is damaged, but it is really nothing, blade is stone mint! Lovely dagger, great photos! Now just to add into collection!

Kind regards

Peter

?

They really do not come much better than this one, without delving into the realms of ivory grips or etched blades. First class early ACS just how we like to see them. Many of these 1st pattern Alcoso's feature brass base metals with a thin copper layer under the heavy silver plate, a true sign of quality and going that extra mile.
    You must be thrilled with this one, rarely do these make it to the open market so I suspect you have good sources rather than a dealer purchase, not that it matters...........

I have also noticed on these that the scabbards seem to either have flat head OR round headed throat screws. No apparent reason or pattern, just an observation.

Smashing dagger, well done Ger

I have seen many slants before..but this one stands out in many respects. I particularly like the use of the early logo..a first time for me to see this variant used. It shows its early production age. Crossgraining is outstanding.... Im wondering whose step you are really finding these on..... ahem Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Ger..it has all been said. Great and CORRECT ACS that anyone would love! Congrats..what a blade!! Kevin.

a beautifull dagger, I wish to have such a magic doorstep as you have, kind regards Marc