Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Anton Wingen Jnr early

Article about: Hello guys, just picked this early Anton Wingen Jnr dagger up at the military fair yesterday, has a lovley darkened grip (the flash has lightened it) and plated fittings and scabbard, I thin

?

Well Ronnie, the missing screw is in fact good news I am now certain it is an early WKC scabbard which matches the period of the rest of the dagger perfectly!

Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anton Wingen Jnr early
    P
    Many

Nice find Ronnie!!....the forum lately has enjoyed some of the greatest rarities in Heer daggers and variant fittings. Yours is another one to add to the library. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks guys i have a feeling that this wont be the last heer i will be buying
    thanks again Ronnie

Nice catch Ronnie! Super grip on that one, and I agree that the scabbard looks like an early WKC type, no telling how it came to be with this dagger, during the period as a replacement or a victim of the old Vet switch when they brought home more than one Heer..anyways, congrats! Kevin.

?

As Wagriff mentioned the red grip is really nice. I love it.

Yes, your dagger hanger are brass made, but I'm a bit surprising, as to your hanger sliding piece for is deluxe dagger hanger, not usual one.
    I put an example of my brass sliding piece, for non - deluxe hanger.

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anton Wingen Jnr early   Anton Wingen Jnr early  

Last edited by Rancid66; 01-13-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks again guys Vedran there is a joint at the back of the slider but it has been "blended in" so you can hardly see any joint it looks like a solid piece, I will take a better pic later and post it up for you to see, thanks for the pic of your hangers,
    cheers Ronnie

Here you go Vedran you can just about make out the joint in the right hand side one (1st pic), maybe its down to the maker again and all the different quality's the requested,
    cheers Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anton Wingen Jnr early   Anton Wingen Jnr early  

Anton Wingen Jnr early  

Ronnie i not see any connection. (I apologize if I'm wrong, the whole day I was at work looking in computer, so I baked my eyes.)
    Maybe sliding piece in your hanger are made from one piece?
    Very interesting, thanks for the photos.

Regards
    Vedran

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2