Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Any way to change metal hangers on Air Force dagger.???

Article about: One of my daggers has a badly dented scabbard. I bought some bayonet from another site WTS:. He also had a really nice scabbard...bought it too...I hope it fits my dagger.......however, he s

Default Any way to change metal hangers on Air Force dagger.???

One of my daggers has a badly dented scabbard. I bought some bayonet from another site WTS:. He also had a really nice scabbard...bought it too...I hope it fits my dagger.......however, he said his keeper dagger had a screw in each of the metal attaching oval loops. I cant see any on mine......would these things be pressed on.??? The replacement I have coming has no imprints on it to indicate these had been removed.

Link to replacement ... WTS M48A, Bayonets, German scabbard, Books, vintage ammo scroll down to first picture.

Picture of my dagger.......need to remove the indicated hanger loops to put on replacement scabbard pictured in above link.........

PJH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any way to change metal hangers on Air Force dagger.???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any way to change metal hangers on Air Force dagger.???
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

I'm not sure how to change them, but the above dagger is an Army dagger, not Luftwaffe .
    Cheers and welcome to the forum.

?

This is as said an army dagger shown, not a luft.
    the scabbardbands are not attachted with screw, they are conic.

First of all put that army dagger the right way in its scabbard, this looks silly
    Then you have to look it the scabbard fits in withs the rest of the hardware, you show a Pack type 3 crossguard in leightweight or Aluminium.
    Scabbard type depends on maker and period.

Ger

To answer your question HeckinOhio .... not worth messing around with the scabbard bands only IF as Gerrit stated that the dagger was a correct configuration....if you mess with the bands ...you will alter history that never was and depreciate the value of the dagger. Scabbard bands on both Heer and 2nd model Luftwaffe daggers I would NOT dare trying to move or replace them.

Since the dagger is not correct...it would be a waste of time.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill