Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Army Dagger - Holler

Article about: Initial thoughts in this one? Silver sure looks a bit shiny compared to the muck in the grooves on the handle. Weird to anyone else?

Default Army Dagger - Holler

Initial thoughts in this one? Silver sure looks a bit shiny compared to the muck in the grooves on the handle. Weird to anyone else?

Army Dagger - HollerArmy Dagger - HollerArmy Dagger - HollerArmy Dagger - Holler

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army Dagger - Holler
    P
    Many

Looks good to me. The crossguard does look like
    it was cleaned or polished a bit.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Yeah it's spotless! I've never seen one that clean. Thanks for the info.

Hi Naptime..that is a very nicely detailed Holler. The crossguard is crisp and along with the ferrule ring with the acorn motif. I will move your thread to the Heer forum. Thanks for sharing. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Its an Original 3th type Höller.
    Unique to these blades are the crossgrain runnings down from the center piece of the blade instead of the standard across type
    High shine on fittings and scabbard by polishing, but im not sure..... and whats much more important....if the blade has been polished also, i see traces of grain, but need better pics

Cheers,
    Ger

Original Germany Army dagger ,manufactured by Holler Solingen - least type.
    Dagger scabbard is a generic type, which coincides with the rest of the dagger.
    According to the dagger logo (If I saw him well.), and dagger grip, your dagger is probably produced around 1939-1940.
    Now the bad news - the dagger is overly cleaned, and even handle.
    Holler logo is very blurry, which is also a result of cleaning.
    A nice dagger, but unfortunately destroyed by cleaning.
    Sad.

Regards
    Vedran

Quote by Rancid66 View Post
    Original Germany Army dagger ,manufactured by Holler Solingen - least type.
    Dagger scabbard is a generic type, which coincides with the rest of the dagger.
    According to the dagger logo (If I saw him well.), and dagger grip, your dagger is probably produced around 1939-1940.
    Now the bad news - the dagger is overly cleaned, and even handle.
    Holler logo is very blurry, which is also a result of cleaning.
    A nice dagger, but unfortunately destroyed by cleaning.
    Sad.

Regards
    Vedran
    I don't know if it's your English or if you have some paranoya when it comes to items that have been cleaned. Almost every dagger that has been cleaned or even slightly cleaned you describe like it is ready for the garbage disposal. I don't know how many times I have read it. If you truly believe that this dagger is "destroyed by cleaning", then you and I live on different planets. The dagger has been cleaned - it is not destroyed. Period.

?

A very nice textbook piece. It's nice to see the patina already returning after the cleaning that must have been done ages ago. See the nice dark areas around the eagle and scabbard bands. Beautiful!

Danny

Chris i'm sorry, but I prefer untouched blades.
    A polishing of dagger, i consider destroying of history.
    These daggers will be in produce again, and therefore I believe that there is not need to destroy history - because of greed.
    (Shine dagger is more worth? Nope.)
    I'm sorry again, but, I always say - what I think.

Regards
    Vedran

Quote by dr73 View Post
    A very nice textbook piece. It's nice to see the patina already returning after the cleaning that must have been done ages ago. See the nice dark areas around the eagle and scabbard bands. Beautiful!

Danny

Original patina is stayed at dagger places (Corners), where was difficult to clean same one.
    An example of another cleaned daggers. (Blade has not been touched.)
    Patina remains is in the same places.

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Dagger - Holler   Army Dagger - Holler  

Army Dagger - Holler  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast