Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Army Dagger Tiger Untouched

Article about: Have a chance at this dagger locally which beats GST, postage, US dollars exchange. Is it what seller states all original untouched? Less of these around for sale I noticed, does that make i

Default Army Dagger Tiger Untouched

Have a chance at this dagger locally which beats GST, postage, US dollars exchange. Is it what seller states all original untouched? Less of these around for sale I noticed, does that make it a bit on the rare side? Thanks KElly

Army Dagger Tiger UntouchedArmy Dagger Tiger UntouchedArmy Dagger Tiger UntouchedArmy Dagger Tiger UntouchedArmy Dagger Tiger UntouchedArmy Dagger Tiger Untouched

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army Dagger Tiger Untouched
    P
    Many

Not hard to find a generic A fitted Tiger like this, but I will say the condition and patina are great! Kevin.

Very nice, but as heers68 stated, not rare. I like the white grips and overall condition.

I had a quick look in hand a week ago and that blades shines. I kind of want an orange handle version now, but this white is really nice. Don't know the history on it but must have been really cared for.
    THks

Beautiful cross grain on the blade! Smooth even patina to the finish. Super sharp details to the oak leaves on the pommel and bands.(the patina around the leaves gives them a Great look!) And look at that Eagle! Nice! I wonder if this one was ever issued at all? It's definitely a keeper and desirable. It may not be a rare and unique maker and set up, but the condition is Superb and extremely hard to find in this fine condition. If I were you, this one would certainly go into my collection.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Nice generic fitted Tiger, blades comes with a nice needle tip, as we all hope for.
    This is a late one though, easily spotted by the extreme patina, the potmetal ( zinq) absorbs the silverplating giving it a beautiful almost black patina.
    a very common one but also very attractive!

Ger

I really like the zoom feature on pics at this forum, good job.

Thanks for that info. I think the photos were taken with a cell phone and show shading to the metals. Don't recall the whole thing this dark in real. To tell you the truth this darker side patina is not my thing really. I will look it over in more detail next few days.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Beautiful cross grain on the blade! Smooth even patina to the finish. Super sharp details to the oak leaves on the pommel and bands.(the patina around the leaves gives them a Great look!) And look at that Eagle! Nice! I wonder if this one was ever issued at all? It's definitely a keeper and desirable. It may not be a rare and unique maker and set up, but the condition is Superb and extremely hard to find in this fine condition. If I were you, this one would certainly go into my collection.
    According to wardaggers site, this gen type cross guard was very well faked, any chance here as to why looking unissued?

?

This one is the real deal, dont worry

The Generic A can also be found in heavy early construction, nicely silverplated too, here a post that shows a Krebs, Puma & Tiger ( scroll down)
    in early quality.
    Heeres Offiziersdolch Puma with Generic A crossguard

Regards,
    Ger

Unissued appearance because the entire thing shows very little if any wear. The bands on the sheath, the pommel cap, the pebbling of the sheath-all nice and crisp like collectors like to find them. Take a look at some of the well carried pieces-especially to the sheath mounting bands. The oak leaves will inevitably show signs of wear almost immediately. The breast feathers of the eagle and the wreath round the swastika are more areas that wore quickly from being handled and carried.
    If you are looking to find an Early Heer and one that is full shiny silver plated with sharp,maybe even hand enhanced, details and blade crossgraining with a nice minty portapee as well, get ready to spend some significant cash for it! And don't forget, a German officer could special order even more enhancements if he so desired-such as an Ivory or Bone grip, glass grip, Damascus blade-both real and imitation, engraved and inlaid blades, personalizations added, etc. The sky is the limit. They're out there if just about every grade,maker and condition a person can imagine-but in just about every imaginable price as well!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast