Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Army Dagger WKC

Article about: I was talked about the "scabbard bands", not about the scabbard. Regards Vedran

Default Re: Army Dagger WKC

Exactly what I expected to see.
    Only WKC used this shaped throat.
    Textbook WKC.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army Dagger WKC
    P
    Many

Default Re: Army Dagger WKC

Quote by Lakesidetrader View Post
    Exactly what I expected to see.
    Only WKC used this shaped throat.
    Textbook WKC.
    Thanks Mate

New pic re post + with original hanger

This is a late production dagger with the last model crossguard for this maker. Most of the finish is gone from the zinc fittings which is typical. The dagger has a very nice blade though. The celluloid over plaster core grip is simulated ivory, a bonus which makes this dagger more desirable than most of this production period. The hangers are very nice as well.

Wolfgang
    Last edited by wolfeknives; 01-16-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Quote by wolfeknives View Post
    This is a late production dagger with the last model crossguard for this maker. Most of the finish is gone from the zinc fittings which is typical. The dagger has a very nice blade though. The celluloid over wood core grip is simulated ivory, a bonus which makes this dagger more desirable than most of this production period. The hangers are very nice as well.

Wolfgang
    Cheers Wolfgang

Scabbard band is Eickhorn 4. type.
    And how much is known, Eickhorn has newer sell parts to WKC.
    Personally I avoid these daggers, because I do not know when they are asembled.
    In addition, the white handle my little strange for WKC Herr dagger.
    (It should be yellow or orange.)

Regards
    Vedran

Hi, I think this scabbard despite it looks like Eickhorn´s product belongs to this piece. I saw several Late war untouched daggers including W.K.C. or unmarked with gray finish Eickhorn scabbards, I know that it is not textbook, but it is the way that these daggers were produced during the period. In my opinion Eickhorn sold some scabbards to other companies late in period.

Regards Peter

And we also have examples of untouched dagger, assembled after the war.
    In these dagger I will start to believe - when i see some paper orders - WKC buys ..... number of scabbard band from Eickhorn.
    Finally, WKC was one of the biggest Solingen companies, and they al most of parts was produced by themselves.
    We need some proof, for now it's all guesswork.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Dagger WKC   Army Dagger WKC  

Vedran I agree with you, W.K.C. was the biggest Wehrmacht dagger producer, but he also ran out of his own parts, then W.K.C. use generic "A" parts. It is very hard to tell, if this kind of anomaly, but we learn each day something new, and maybe we will find some proofs in future. If you scan whole example scabbard, crossguard and pommel really match, so that is why I think they belongs to daggers. I also saw several Eickhorn´s pommels on another daggers mostly produced with small companies... so maybe Eickhorn sold some of it parts, maybe not... hard to tell. But I also like textbook examples, despite fact I have some daggers (Hi-Lift with generic scabbard) which I believe that was certainly produced in this way.

Next to dagger which you post - just change the blade for unmarked or W.K.C. marked and after that NOBODY can find difference between original and and postwar! Oh, that is sad

Thanks for posting photos of this dagger.

Regards Peter

And Vedran, I forgot something look at the scabbard throat - only WKC use an oval-shaped throat opening, because they want to save finishing file work involved with an angled six-sided opening. So I think this is good kind of proof which confirm, that this Eickhorn´s scabbard was finish in WKC factory! WKC was the only producer to use this thorat opening! Here is some photos of my textbook WKC scabbard to compare. So I 100% agree with Lakesidetrader - his good eye find this difference first!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Dagger WKC   Army Dagger WKC  

Army Dagger WKC   Army Dagger WKC  

Army Dagger WKC  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast