Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Army Officer's Dagger - Reproduction?

Article about: These are the best photos I tried to take of this dagger. The lighting was horrible. It looks overall original in my opinion, but I could be wrong. I have this gut feeling its a reproduction

Default Army Officer's Dagger - Reproduction?

These are the best photos I tried to take of this dagger. The lighting was horrible. It looks overall original in my opinion, but I could be wrong. I have this gut feeling its a reproduction.

Army Officer's Dagger - Reproduction?Army Officer's Dagger - Reproduction?Army Officer's Dagger - Reproduction?Army Officer's Dagger - Reproduction?Army Officer's Dagger - Reproduction?Army Officer's Dagger - Reproduction?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army Officer's Dagger - Reproduction?
    P
    Many

Hard to make out in the pic. Does the makers mark read "Berlin"? If so, it is bad.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The logo looks to be a very faint Paul Weyersburg. The ferrule ring has a seam on it..and the Pommel appears to have that Antique aging process. Parts dagger? Opinions? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi, very bad pictures - not light, but wrong angle... but despite this fact I can say that this dagger is very interesting. Pommel is in my opinion authentic, first I use to think it is Generic "A" pommel, but it seems to be Holler or WKC product I attached some pictures of Holler (1), WKC(2) and Generic "A"(3) pommels, try to compare. Grip seems to be authentic too it is Type "C" - I also add picture of it. The ring on grip looks like Carl Eickhorn´s product, but it show a lot of usage - I´m not sure if it is authentic. Crossguard is certainly E. Pack product - 3rd. pattern, hard to tell, because I don´t have E. Pack dagger in my collection, but I think it is reproduction. Blade with faint marker Paul Weyersberg is not authentic - I add photo of it. Scabbard is late war produced Generic type, it is original.
    Certainly not a good item, 100% parts dagger and some of them looks to be copy... Don´t buy it.

This is only my opinion.

Regards Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Officer's Dagger - Reproduction?   Army Officer's Dagger - Reproduction?  

Army Officer's Dagger - Reproduction?   Army Officer's Dagger - Reproduction?  

Army Officer's Dagger - Reproduction?  

?

Hard to argue with any of Peter's assessment. Parts at best, original AND fake parts at worse!.
    Either way.........parts.

Agreed!

Thanks guys. My gut feeling is correct on this. The maker mark being faint worried me right away. I do apologize about the photos. Best I could do. Taking pictures trying to get the best view and angle was hard, because of the glare i was getting and how the lighting was in the store. I'm not purchasing this dagger for sure. For the record, the price marked on it was $375.... yeah I'm sure he had a reason for pricing it low without saying his doubts on it being 100% original all together. He actually has been very good with selling authentic items, but this one he just got on a trade recently. So I'm gonna have to alert him that he has pieced together dagger that is not 100% original. I don't usually pay for parts for daggers, but he price might be right still? If there is enough value in the authentic parts.

Quote by dano13usaf View Post
    I don't usually pay for parts for daggers, but he price might be right still? If there is enough value in the authentic parts.
    If your plan is to take it apart and sell the parts, possibly.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The best part of the whole deal..is you did not buy it.....and you came here first. Some fall to their Doom..in the "Ebay Valley of Death" to bid away hundreds and thousands of dollars for parted junk. I commend you Dano Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill