Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Authetication assistance Heer Dagger

Article about: Thank you in advance for your assistance. I'm trying to learn about the various way of authenticating Nazi daggers/swords and hope I don't have to learn the expensive way. Any help with thes

Default Authetication assistance Heer Dagger

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I'm trying to learn about the various way of authenticating Nazi daggers/swords and hope I don't have to learn the expensive way.

Any help with these 2 items is appreciated...please see photos below for WKC Army Dagger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authetication assistance Heer Dagger   Authetication assistance Heer Dagger  

Authetication assistance Heer Dagger   Authetication assistance Heer Dagger  

Authetication assistance Heer Dagger   Authetication assistance Heer Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authetication assistance Heer Dagger
    P
    Many

I separated the 2 edged weapons into their own categories for a closer study. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Looks a good personalized piece, though the
    portipee/knot has come undone.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Nice looking textbook 4th Pattern WKC often referred as the "Tomahawk" Pattern.
    This is the final and last crossguard they used, and very similar to the generic A crossguard.
    This is a very common dagger, but in this condition collectable, the blade seems to have all its Original crossgrain!
    Scabbard should have 1 throat sidescrew on the right and an oval throat ( typical for WKC)
    Your pics dont show these features but im pretty sure they are there.
    Compare the throat opening with yours ( this one belongs to Danny)

Cheers,
    Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 04-22-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Nice pair. I particularly like the tint of the WKC's grip. Very attractive. You should re-tie the portapee, though.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you, Ger. That is just the type of information I like to learn about. Appears as though everything checks out with this scabbard.

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authetication assistance Heer Dagger  

?

Yep as it should!!
    Nice

Ger

a good all round dagger.