Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

B&A daggers " Bolte & Anschutz" Post War Producer

Article about: It is relatively easy to recognize these types of daggers, because the edge of a dagger has the etched B/A company logo and motto Solingen 1939. On the back side of the blade is stamped - Ge

Larry, if I understand the question well.
    The question was - how to sale these product to U.S. soldier. (For B/A daggers.)
    Normally, a little bit gothic letters, the simbolic beginning of the war in 1939, and these type of dagger becomes alluring for U.S. soldier, as a trophy.
    Basically all for the money.

But only Solingen stamp was used in many period unmarked dress bayonet.

Regards
    Vedran
    Last edited by Rancid66; 01-21-2014 at 08:40 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement B&A daggers " Bolte & Anschutz" Post War Producer
    P
    Many

?

Interesting thread.

to me it seemed they where arguing a both saying the same thing,or did I miss something ?

?

It is a follow on thread from this one> WKC Army

Be warned though, we were arguing in that one too . One thing we do both agree on though, is that B&A daggers are post war. Or at least I hope we do .

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    to me it seemed they where arguing a both saying the same thing,or did I miss something ?
    Im about as confused as you! So ok, one of you are saying the b&w blade is wartime, the other is saying its post war?

Well, I was always led to beleave it was post war. What does wittmans army book say? I haven't got a copy.

Im still confused though?

From what Jon Degens is saying as I don't have any fire arms makers reference is that Bolte & Anschutz put these trinkets together to keep their financial head above water. B&A does not appear in any period cutlery references I have except the name Anschutz appearing as JG. Anschutz AG Germaniawerk Zella Mehlis in Thuringia. I am led to believe now that B&A attached themselves to each other and combine their capital to survive. Which in turn they were a souvenir store operation.
    Also included is another Anschutz name of Albin Anschutz of the same Zella Mehlis area... Producing tools hammers and tongs.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Correction and also to be added that Anschutz JG were a weapons producer.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry,
    JG Anschutz ( still in business today ) and Bolte and Anschutz were different firms I believe, although both manufactured firearms up until 1945 and both based in Mehla Zellis. There was probably some family connection though.

Matty,
    I think both myself and Rancid agree that B&A was post war, the disagreement was over the above WKC dagger and how it ended up matched with a B&A blade. Not that it really matters !.

Default B&A Dagger

Here is my contribution of junk I think we all have a little bit of it at one time or another. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture B&A daggers " Bolte & Anschutz" Post War Producer   B&A daggers " Bolte & Anschutz" Post War Producer  

B&A daggers " Bolte & Anschutz" Post War Producer   B&A daggers " Bolte & Anschutz" Post War Producer  

Nothing to do with this discussion, just a little note to Rancid66, and those who often make this error.
    These daggers are not Herr daggers, but Heer daggers. Herr = Mister, also referencing God, but nothing to do with edged weapons.
    Just a pet peeve of mine.

Wolfgang

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast