Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Broken Army Dress Dagger

Article about: Anybody in his right mind would buy the dagger for that price. You would make a profit even in just selling the parts. But the best thing would be just to find other parts to replqce the bro

Default Broken Army Dress Dagger

Friend of mine bought a Heer Dress Dagger..
    Unfortunatly half the guard is broken off, but the handle is in good condition. The blade has some rust. It is hard to confirm the maker mark but appears to be an Eikhorn. Orange color handle.

My friend got it cheap, and is only asking $75...
    What's it worth? I alrdy have one in much better shape but I paid arnd $700 for my current example . The broken dagger also comes with a sheath, but no cloth pieces

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Broken Army Dress Dagger
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Broken Army Dress Dagger

$75 is cheap. I see a copy sheath on ebay and it's over $75. You may be able to find a cross guard or can part it out for a profit.

If you are sure it's all original, and the only broken part is as you describe, then call the guy right now and tell him you'll take it.

Or, call him and tell him I'll take it

?

A few pictures would say a lot.

this is all ive got right now.

he is coming over in 30min..

Definitely an offer I would take up if the deal came to me, and it was all original.

Quote by Standartenfuhrer View Post
    Definitely an offer I would take up if the deal came to me, and it was all original.
    ill have to take a closer look at it when he comes here.

anything in particular that would be a dead give away if it was a fake/repro? I remember a few maker marks but...im rusty on this stuff, no pun intended haha

Quote by Dieter122 View Post
    ill have to take a closer look at it when he comes here.

anything in particular that would be a dead give away if it was a fake/repro? I remember a few maker marks but...im rusty on this stuff, no pun intended haha
    Hahaha. Is the swastika broken off? Is the blade bent? Yikes! No bad signs I see though. This is not my field at all. I'm a medal, patches guy.

so if swastika is broken off it would mean it was a 2 piece construction and a repro?

Hi Dieter welcome to the forum,,The swastika broken off is called de nazification as this was probably one of the surviving ones that was left in Germany after the war for quite a few years. As common practice it was against New law to have an item with a swastika on it........Ha!! so to say as no one adhered to it on 99% of the examples we see today. But there are some out there that are like this. To answer your question on the crossguard construction,,,, this was a 1 piece part. So for $75 I would grab it up as in time something is bound to come along and help with the upgrade of what you have now. Regardless broken or not....This dagger was owned by an officer and it was there during that period in time. I see nothing wrong with it at all. The blade can be cleaned,, but i would advise posting photos here first to see what kind of blade you have. Then again most collectors like them as they are too! Your choice!!,, and show us some better close up photos,, we thrive on this stuff here! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast