Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can you spot whats odd?

Article about: Ok, I've had this hanger on a fairly generic Heer dagger I have owned for years. Not the greatest condition by far and yes, it has been repaired/cut/shortened at some point. Anyone know why?

MAP
    ?

Default Can you spot whats odd?

Ok,

I've had this hanger on a fairly generic Heer dagger I have owned for years.

Not the greatest condition by far and yes, it has been repaired/cut/shortened at some point. Anyone know why? Passes the black light test.

But there is something else different about this hanger....can anyone spot it? It's not too hard IMHO.

(That said, maybe I'm wrong and this difference is common.)

Michael

Can you spot whats odd?Can you spot whats odd?Can you spot whats odd?Can you spot whats odd?Can you spot whats odd?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can you spot whats odd?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Hmmm...12 hits but no comments?

Do we need a hint?

(remember I could be wrong and it is all fine).

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The hanger is rigged for wear on the right hand side and not the left as the straps are the wrong way around with the shorter on the right of the hanger buckle and the longer on the left.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Im seeing one shortened hanger ..to cut down the amount of dagger swing when walking.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The main difference can be seen here as I attempted rather poorly to explain above, but it's only my opinion.....

Can you spot whats odd?Can you spot whats odd?

It's been re rigged for wear on the right hand side of the body. If worn as per regs on the left the handle of the dagger would be pointing towards the floor whilst the scabbard would be facing upwards......Wouldn't it???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

MAP
    ?

Ned wins the main prize! Next time I'm over the pond, I'll buy you a pint.

Larry: Your are correct as well. I'm buying you a pint anyway next time I'm in Philly or your in NYC.

Now has anyone ever seen a hanger rigged for wear on the right side? I haven't.

An interesting piece if I say so myself.

Michael

That is unusual for sure, may have been repaired by a Vet or collector that didn't know the difference too! Kevin.

MAP
    ?

Quote by heers68 View Post
    That is unusual for sure, may have been repaired by a Vet or collector that didn't know the difference too! Kevin.
    Possible. But while not conclusive, it does pass the black light test with flying colors. And in hand you can see that this was done a very long time ago. There is age to the sticthing. So right after post war is possible but I don't think it was done later than that.

I lean towards wartime IMHO. But we will never know, and I haven't see pictures with officers wearing it on the opposite side.

Michael

Michael