Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

dagger identification #5.. help please?

Article about: A very nice dagger ! just look at how that portepee has not been messed with and has "welded " itself in place with age , this is great to see ( for me anyway !! )

Default dagger identification #5.. help please?

Hi all,

Our family has a collection of items from WWII, brought back by my husband's father. There are about several items in the collection ranging from daggers to rifles and pistols to banners and hats/helmets. Unfortunately, my husband's father has passed away and we have very little information about the items.

Would you be able to help identify and value the items? Ideally, we would like to sell them and to release them back into the collector's world.

Here is the fifth dagger:

dagger identification #5.. help please?dagger identification #5.. help please?dagger identification #5.. help please?dagger identification #5.. help please?dagger identification #5.. help please?

Thanks very much for your consideration and expertise!

Beth

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement dagger identification #5.. help please?
    P
    Many

Default Re: dagger identification #5.. help please?

Hi Beth welcome to the forum,, you came to the right place for dagger identification. This one is an Army officer dagger. in this condition hard to say my guess about $500-600. There are alot of great people here on this forum that will lend a helping hand. Regards Larry

Hi Beth, welcome to the forum!

The info given on all the daggers you have shown so far is correct.

Please don't be tempted to clean any of these. It will de-value them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Im not complety sure but that looks like an early Type A slant grip gents! , if i see it right it has the typical steep angle and smaller swirls compared to later ones.
    if so then the price could be without any doubt be a lot higher.
    Guys take a good look please.....

Cheers,
    Ger

Hi Larry, thank you for the identification and valuation. It's fascinating to read through some of these threads. I had no idea there were so many people interested in these kinds of things!

Hi Adrian, thank you for the welcome and I promise not to clean the daggers. I'm trying to treat them as respectfully as I can until I can get them into the right hands.

Hi Ger, thanks for taking a closer look. Need any more photos?

Hi Beth, the best venue to sell these daggers would be in the forum classified ads.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Beth,

can you take a picture of the grip in vertical position?
    Thats important to see what the angle of the swirls are.
    Picture it like the one below, which has a normal late war grip.
    Yours swirls should have a steeper angle as this one below.
    I cant determine it when its not shown vertical.

Cheers Ger
    dagger identification #5.. help please?

Here's a few more of this one for your consideration..

Thanks again for all your expertise!

dagger identification #5.. help please?dagger identification #5.. help please?dagger identification #5.. help please?dagger identification #5.. help please?dagger identification #5.. help please?

Awesome photos Beth!! these are very helpful to the the rest of the forum. Post as many as you want. It makes a great difference!! Larry

?

Thx Beth for the pictures, that is for sure an early type A slant! if its for sale please pm me and maybe we can work something out! Cheers Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast