Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Deluxe Heer Dagger Hangers

Article about: Hello Everyone, Considering this is my first set of Deluxe Heer Dagger Hangers, I have three questions concerning this set. 1) Are they authentic to the period or contemporary reproductions?

Default Deluxe Heer Dagger Hangers

Hello Everyone,
    Considering this is my first set of Deluxe Heer Dagger Hangers, I have three questions concerning this set.

1) Are they authentic to the period or contemporary reproductions?

2) They exhibit a golden hue on the finish that remains(doesn't show well in the pictures). Is this an acquired patina from age or could these be General officers/staff hangers if authentic?

3) Can the dark grey oxidation on the shorter strap ring buckle be professionally removed without damage to the set?

I think I know the answers to all three questions but could really use a few experienced opinions from the forum.

Thank you all in advance for your input. I really appreciate your help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deluxe Heer Dagger Hangers   Deluxe Heer Dagger Hangers  

Deluxe Heer Dagger Hangers   Deluxe Heer Dagger Hangers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deluxe Heer Dagger Hangers
    P
    Many

?

Hi there

1: Yes its a genuine set, although lots of copies are around now a days, and lots in their carton boxes they can be spotted quite easily if you know where to look at, although it seems quite hard for quite some dealers to spot them
    Most likely there is a good profit there that makes them close their eyes a bit easily…

2: No its not a goldwashed general set, they look quite different, its more like the lacquer has aged, a common thing on this type of hangers

3: No the oxidation is now part of the top layer and removing it will harm the surface.

You have a nice set here!

Ger
    Dont do anything, its a great set with its own charm!

Thank you Ger. I appreciate your time and answers!

From experience, I know what you mean about some people having a hard time adjusting their eyes in accordance to their wallets.

I figured the golden hue was just part of the patina acquired over time. However, I thought I would seek a more experienced opinion.

I definitely will not touch the oxidation based on your opinion on the authenticity. It sounds and looks as if these will be a great match for my Hans Kolping Heer Dagger

Thanks again Ger....Alex

Hello folks,
    Any other opinions/suggestions on this set would be much appreciated?
    Thanks again...Alex