Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Different styles of Heer grips

Article about: There are differences in grip styles looking at the early Slants (A), then B till the later C style. The pics with 3 or 4 grips on it have the early Slant on the left ending with the later s

?

Default Different styles of Heer grips

There are differences in grip styles looking at the early Slants (A), then B till the later C style.
    The pics with 3 or 4 grips on it have the early Slant on the left ending with the later style C on the right.
    There are also slight differences between C or B types themselves.
    We also have Glass grips ( with Alu fittings like this puma), Semi-Glass grips (Klaas with Pack fittings), and top of the bill: Ivory ones.
    Grip can be found in all kinds of different colors ( light exposure makes them color)
    Here a few different ones, feel free to add your Grip to this post if its in a different style or color
    I would appreciate that!
    Enjoy the pics,
    Regards,
    Ger
    Different styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer grips

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Different styles of Heer grips
    P
    Many

?

Thanks for the info on the grips.. & some really nice photos too... Cheers Terry.

?

Very nice display of grips Ger! Some of them look very familiar Since you have posted all the different types except one, I can only add the ivory grip

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Different styles of Heer grips   Different styles of Heer grips  

Different styles of Heer grips   Different styles of Heer grips  

Good information Ger
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Great daggers Ger, Here is my early Anton Wingen Jnr i love the color on this one hope this is what you like,
    cheers Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Different styles of Heer grips   Different styles of Heer grips  

?

I just love that deep red colour! It's a beauty.

Danny

?

Good post Ger , nice to see the differences in shape and the colour changes of the grips during the ageing process . Danny , those ivories are in a class of their own ...amazing to see . Ronnie , i love that deep colour on your example . Thanks gentlemen for showing .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Ger I agree there are many different style grips more then the A-B-C grips could be an in-depth study all by themselves. This is an area certainly needing some research. Could be as many as 3 or more types of slant grips. Maybe one day I Pull all my army’s out of the vault and do some research on such things as pommels, grips, scabbards. A few grip variations I will add are the artificial ivory and the goliath grip. Here’s a Goliath.

?

Thank you Danny, Ronnie & Tom for adding those lovely grips!
    Danny those eicks have superb Ivory grips, very rare!
    Ronnie that red color on that early Wingen is great!
    Tom thanks for that Goliath grip

This thread is beginning to show some lovely grips! thanks Gents!

Ger

?

There have been several occasions in the past, where I have bought daggers purely because of the colour, toning or quirkiness of a grip and ignored all other factors. It is certainly what attracts the eye first and foremost. I particularly like the ones that show a lighter colour on the rear, where the dagger has sat on display face up for decades or the trolon grips that had the impurities in the mix resulting in a mottled effect.
    The deep red grips at the maximum end of the scale are always desirable. Tom has a great point, these would make a great study in themselves and if I was to guess, I would say there are probably 15+ variations of Trolon grips dependant on maker, not just the simplified ABC terms commonly used.

Ivory is obviously most collectors dream on any dagger and glass is my personal favourite. Here is another Wingen, strange that many of their grips display a deep red toning, I think it is because they were producing right from the outset and it is just physics and exposure over a longer period than other makers early daggers, that results in deeper toning. Notice how the light colour at the top of the grip shows signs of the colour change, where the portapee sat !.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast