Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Different styles of Heer grips

Article about: There are differences in grip styles looking at the early Slants (A), then B till the later C style. The pics with 3 or 4 grips on it have the early Slant on the left ending with the later s

Boy, a real treat to look at these beautiful variations, thanks to all participants!! I agree, in my experience there are certain type variations within the A-B-& C groups that can narrow down to maker traits! A few I can think of are, the Eick 1st slants that are much thinner and close to being straight without any "bulge" in the center than any other slant, SMF slant grips that are often yellow in tone and are also more slim than others, but have the "buldge", Puma slants have some of the deepest swirls with more buldge! Well, the list goes on, lets hear your observations folks. I will end by adding a few grips for eye-candy! (first pic is the very DEEP swirled slant by Puma) Kevin.

Different styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer gripsDifferent styles of Heer grips

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Different styles of Heer grips
    P
    Many

Stunning examples Kevin the grip color variations are extraordinary.

The break down of fittings according to producer types..just adds more to being able to quickly identify the maker to grip. Without these subtleties ...Heer collecting along with the rest of the artifacts we collect..would go back to square one..when the hobby was first introduced. Research is a slow cooker..and with that..much time is needed for the best results. Day by day in the hobby more pieces come together. Great thread Gents Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Beautiful grips guys
    Is someone has the black (funeral) grip to show ?

?

Kevin great daggers!
    Lovely grips and an asset to this post, thx!
    Ive noticed the grip differences between an Eickhorn Slant and SMF Slant grip, thats why i posted them next to eachother.

#Stingray: a Klaas black grip has not been posted yet, question is: is it a chipped of white painted black grip or a from origine a black one?

Regards,
    Ger

?

Here's my example with an artificial ivory grip. A very decent attempt to imitate genuine ivory.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Different styles of Heer grips   Different styles of Heer grips  

Different styles of Heer grips  

?

I like the artifical Ivory grips, they realy look great!
    Thx for adding this one Danny

Ger

Some very nice examples. Best Regards, Fred

Thought this worth a post , I picked this WKC up at the weekend, the grip does go dark and lighter on the back but this pic is from my phone and dosent show how dark it really is,
    cheers Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Different styles of Heer grips  

Great looking grip on that WKC type 2 Ronnie!

Quote by heers68 View Post
    Great looking grip on that WKC type 2 Ronnie!

Cheers Kev
    I have put the heer daggers I have together to see the different colours, sorry about the poor pic iv'e lost the lead for my camera
    here goes,
    cheers Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Different styles of Heer grips  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast