Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Distributor Mark

Article about: Hello everyone, I would like to talk a little about the distributors mark/engravings on the Army daggers. How many were there? And is there a specific reason for their large engravings? I me

I think in many cases the markings are for military retailers selling uniforms, awards and everything military. In other words, they were retailers, not distributers. Having retail info on the blade served as advertising, therefor bigger is better. It would be interesting to know if this was at extra cost from the manufacturer or if the retailers were large enough, the volume of sales warranted the extra work at no extra cost.
    Many uniform items, especially navy, are marked with retailers names, mostly Kiel and Hamburg.

Wolfgang

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Distributor Mark
    P
    Many

There is no difference between the distributor and the retailer.
    Only some retailer was strong enough to order a sufficient number of blades with their logo.
    Take the example from the Kingdom of Yugoslavia.
    Terzić i Šarkić was a military tailor from Beograd before WW2 . But they also selling and sabers German manufacturing, with its own label.

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Distributor Mark   Distributor Mark  

WOW...almost like pouring black paint on a rainbow. No disrespect to Yugoslavia...but I am thinking in terms of German Craftmanship being as a whole entity. I thought the oversized distributor / retailers logo was a bit much...but maybe I am being too puristic? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

No Larry, distributor logo is really "big".
    I found another simular model on the internet.
    Manufacturer is ACS Aolinegn, and the distributor is Oficirska Zadruga.

(I m sorry if i spam topic.)

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Distributor Mark   Distributor Mark  

No worries Vedran your comments are useful and shows what is not commonly seen.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello gentlemen,
    I agree with all comments regarding the vain yet ugly marks by retailers or distributors. Here is my 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger by FW Holler with the ugly J.G. Merz mark on the front of the blade. I picked this up for a bargain because of its hard life and consequent condition. This will remain in my collection only because of the ugly mark. If I was a Luftwaffe officer I would have passed on these. I am not one of those people who like to go around with a huge printed advertisement on my person!

Distributor Mark   Distributor Mark  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2