Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

E. Pack heer for Review...

Article about: Hello folks, figured it was about time I posted some of my more recent finds. Here is a early Pack that I really like.. all black and a lot of character. All the hand work that Pack is known

Default E. Pack heer for Review...

Hello folks, figured it was about time I posted some of my more recent finds. Here is a early Pack that I really like.. all black and a lot of character. All the hand work that Pack is known for, along with their earliest maker mark and a tapered tang!.. comments welcome, Kevin.

E. Pack heer for Review...E. Pack heer for Review...E. Pack heer for Review...E. Pack heer for Review...E. Pack heer for Review...E. Pack heer for Review...E. Pack heer for Review...E. Pack heer for Review...E. Pack heer for Review...E. Pack heer for Review...E. Pack heer for Review...E. Pack heer for Review...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement E. Pack heer for Review...
    P
    Many

?

Great piece Kevin,
    That enhancing around the birds neck is some attention to detail. Lovely burnished TM, great patina, flawless blade and a rare config from one of the best manufacturers of the period. They do not come much better than that one.
    Congrats

Very, very nice. Beautiful patina to thee entire piece. Thanks for sharing this beauty!
    Mark

Degens, This dagger is very minty indeed, I was glad to find it! These fittings with this grip type is a configuration I have not seen before, the grip is unusual itself and is very slim indeed (and packed full of a wide tapered tang!). Perhaps the first non slant grip type used by Pack?

MLK, Thanks for kind words! Kevin.

Beautiful Crossgraining Kevin..and love the deep logo etch. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

PM sent Kevin.
    Yes, definitely right on the transition from slant to type B grip, so the type 2's can be found with either. I cannot ever remember seeing a 1st Pack with type B grip from E-Pack themselves although Heller, Henckels and others certainly did.

?

Beautiful config and i was a bit surprised not to see a slant on the dagger....but it immediatly reminded me of my Klaas dagger with Pack fittings that has a similar semi glass grip ( translucent).
    Your Pack has all that i like to see on an early Pack, typical scabbard bands, the dots on the pommel, and i like the eagle!
    the blade is a dream!

here the grip with pack guard to compare!

Reagards,
    Ger
    E. Pack heer for Review...

Nothing left to say! That is a stunner of a Pack anyway that you look at it. The head and neck of the eagle is amazing handwork. Smooth as silk sheath and a mirror like blade to match. Great enhancement on the pommel. Just a top notch Heer.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 11-03-2014 at 10:58 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

That's a spectacular dagger! Everything has been said already. I love it!

Danny

Thanks all!

Ger, Thanks for the Klaas pic.. interesting that the grip is very slim like my Pack. Cant see much of it but it looks to have a Klaas pommel not a Pack? Kevin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast