Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early army dagger by Gebr. Heller

Article about: Hi guys! Early army daggers by Gebr. Heller (with the balloonman trademark) are extremely hard to find and it has taken me a few years to find one in the condition I like them and recently I

?

Default Early army dagger by Gebr. Heller

Hi guys! Early army daggers by Gebr. Heller (with the balloonman trademark) are extremely hard to find and it has taken me a few years to find one in the condition I like them and recently I finally did! I would like to share the pictures of this lovely dagger with you. The plated blade is in great condition and the dagger is almost black with patina. I love it. Enjoy the pictures.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early army dagger by Gebr. Heller   Early army dagger by Gebr. Heller  

Early army dagger by Gebr. Heller   Early army dagger by Gebr. Heller  

Early army dagger by Gebr. Heller   Early army dagger by Gebr. Heller  

Early army dagger by Gebr. Heller  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early army dagger by Gebr. Heller
    P
    Many

Hi danny, top stuff mate, That's the first balloon man army dagger I have seen for years!

Please give me some tips as to where these wonderful daggers are coming from.

all the best matty

Hi Danny Rare and beautiful. The blade is a killer . The outline of the swaz wreath patina...says the dagger has not been moved in years. Nice to see most of the grey color left on the scabbard.
    Sometimes with great hunters.....it takes years to capture that on specific breed..and fokelore says of that specific breed there is a one of a kind or rarely seen animal. The same applies in collecting these beauties...and the feeling of accomplishment that follows. The Dagger and the Accomplishment is the prize..and patience is a virtue. Great capture Danny..and thank you for sharing. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Danny that is a real gem!
    i love the hand enhancement on this early one, a mint blade and great patina overal.
    Great addition to your collection
    Thx for showing.

Ger

?

Nice one buddy.

Hi Danny, perfect example of Gerb. Heller dagger! It is almost identical to my example, except scabbard (my is later Eickhorn) and my blade is installed revers - I can´t turn pommel and I don´t want to damage dagger so I left as it is...

Again very nice untouched example! Thanks for showing

Regard Peter

Peter, My Balloon man is on the front too, and won't fitt together turned around! I feel that Heller assembled them like this, at least some times. Kevin.

?

Thanks for the kind comments everyone! I agree with Kevin that many Balloonman daggers were originally assembled with the makermark on the front. Mine has a frozen pommel so I guess the mark of my dagger has been on the backside for quite some time

Danny

By the way Danny, Super Heller dagger you have! Kevin.

?

That plated blade is fabulous !! It really shows of that MM . Very nice indeed Danny .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...