Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Early Army Dagger A. Schuttelhofer & Co

Article about: I picked up this dagger from an elderly man walking around at a gun show this weekend. The handle looks like it has been exposed to UV or extreme heat it has a crack running through it. The

Default Early Army Dagger A. Schuttelhofer & Co

I picked up this dagger from an elderly man walking around at a gun show this weekend. The handle looks like it has been exposed to UV or extreme heat it has a crack running through it. The blade is extremely clean. I was just wondering if anyone could provide and additional information on the dagger and maybe an estimate of value. Also it came with a green and silver portepee that's in such good condition it almost looks like a repro.Early Army Dagger A. Schuttelhofer & CoEarly Army Dagger A. Schuttelhofer & CoEarly Army Dagger A. Schuttelhofer & CoEarly Army Dagger A. Schuttelhofer & CoEarly Army Dagger A. Schuttelhofer & CoEarly Army Dagger A. Schuttelhofer & CoEarly Army Dagger A. Schuttelhofer & CoEarly Army Dagger A. Schuttelhofer & CoEarly Army Dagger A. Schuttelhofer & Co

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Army Dagger A. Schuttelhofer & Co
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early Army Dagger A. Schuttelhofer & Co

Hello James and welcome to the forum!
    The portepee does not belong to this dagger. It belongs to a sword. The handle of your dagger definitely has been exposed to either extreme sunlight for a long time or excessive heat.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Good to know! Do you have any clue as to the value of this dagger?

Welcome to the forum James!....Excessive heat for sure as this is not a grip that has changed due to the sun. This was held over some high heat. This dagger will not get too much as the grip is cracked and the handle fire damaged IMO. Its hard to place a value on a dagger in this present condition,,but a good site to check for comparison of decent conditioned daggers would be Lakesidetrader. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello James,
    Even though this dagger has a nice blade and is somewhat of a desirable maker, I really try to avoid talking prices here but, I would not be willing to pay any more than about $300.00 for it. Unfortunately, even if the handle is replaced, it will always, after that, be a parts dagger. I would suggest that since it appears that you have other items and would appear to be somewhat of a collector, you give it a gentle cleaning and keep it in your collection. There are probably some things you could do to make the handle appear a little nicer, but I will leave that up to you.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Early Army Dagger A. Schuttelhofer & CoThanks for the responses guys! I had decided to keep it in my collection along with my new piece i got today, AC45 D Block G43 with original ZF4 (Not in pic)

Hi James,, I also noticed 2 political daggers in your collection,,when you get a chance could you post photos of those also. Looks like along with the SA dagger you have an SS dagger also..we would enjoy seeing the condition and producers logo on these as well. Your rifle although it looks to be in great condition would be enjoyed and appreciated more over on the World Firearms forum...just click here.> World Firearms at War relics forum .
    As much as we enjoy the study and collection of edged weapons,,so these guys on that forum enjoy the same. Thanks for posting the Army dagger and looking forward to any future pics. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill