Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early heer dagger by E. Pack

Article about: Beautiful daggers guys. Love that deep orange colour ! Thanks for posting them.........!

?

Default Early heer dagger by E. Pack

Hi guys,

I would like to show you the latest addition to my collection of army daggers. It's a beatiful slant grip dagger by E. Pack. It has all the nice details you want to see on a Pack army dagger. A beautiful type 2 Pack crossguard and the typical hand enhanced scabbard bands. Also the handwork on the pommel is very nice. The blade is in perfect condition. Enjoy the pictures.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early heer dagger by E. Pack   Early heer dagger by E. Pack  

Early heer dagger by E. Pack   Early heer dagger by E. Pack  

Early heer dagger by E. Pack  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early heer dagger by E. Pack
    P
    Many

Hi Danny, I like E. Pack produced daggers - but especially early! This 2nd. type of crossguard is almost impossible to find in today´s market. This MINT conditioned example is one of the best I ever seen. You can be really proud to have this example in collection!

Regards Peter
    Last edited by PeterCollector; 09-11-2013 at 02:00 PM.

?

That is one hell of a slant you got there
    Its in a wonderful condition, no upgrade ever needed.
    Congratz Danny!

now its about time you show us an overview of all of your gorgeous Heer Daggers

Ger

Danny that's amazing piece of art,the best of the best IMO.

Regards

?

Rarity, condition, quality and first rate early hand enhancing by E-Pack. They do not come any better than this, you have a great eye sir. Extremely scarce and desirable army dagger .
    I own its twin, just not quite in that unbelievable condition, congrats.

Excellent find there Danny!!!! (I am giving up colleting daggers, you and Ger have all the best ones ) I would love to sit and have a look at your's and Ger's dagger collection probably wouldn't get me out of the room's
    thanks for showing
    cheers Ronnie

?

Great photos Danny ! They really show this baby off at it's best , thanks for showing this fantastic example
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

About as good as they get! Great find! The detail of the eagle is especially impressive!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Danny ...yet another great example..and I have to say just looking at the blade..this one must of been a "sock drawer" sleeper!! The blade is in an immaculate virgin state of preservation. I feel its all in the construction and the leather buffer..that locks out the elements. Rare to see any Pack dagger in this condition.

Quote by PeterCollector View Post
    Hi Danny, I like E. Pack produced daggers - but especially early! This 2nd. type of crossguard is almost impossible to find in today´s market.
    It is this type of comment that really shows a passion for collecting. For someone to show this much enthusiasm over a crossguard..or any type of dagger fitting..has much heart. This is what collecting is all about...taking a discussion and turning it into dissection..finding the truth..and applying it as a point of reference.

When we take a common looking dagger or sword..and discuss fittings of variance or markings...it is this that separates the scholar from the novice. This is a goal that should be attained by all wanting to learn the truth about the Edged Weapon and the time period.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Here is mine for comparison, every example I have seen ( probably only 4 or 5 ) has looked virtually identical, same coloured grips, same elaborate stippling or punch work around the upper edge of the pommel above the leaves and heavily enhanced scabbard bands.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast