Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguard

Article about: I recently bought this one and i want to share it with you, it has a few unique features. It has an "inbetween" type glass grip. I opened up the dagger because i had to know what i

?

Default Early Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguard

I recently bought this one and i want to share it with you, it has a few unique features.
    It has an "inbetween" type glass grip.
    I opened up the dagger because i had to know what it looks inside to determen this dagger.
    Normally i would not open up a dagger if its not necasarry.
    I couldnt place the crossguard as a Klaas but it sure has its signature, so i mailed the pics to Tom Kendall and he came with following info, for which im very gratefull
    It came with a deluxe set hangers.
    i quote Toms mail:
    "The grip ferrule is a Klaas one feature is the pebbled background.The crossguard looks like a Pack 2nd which is unusual for Klaas but the hand enhancement has a certain Klaas feel to it.Of course the scabbard is Klaas and looks to be an early bulbous type. The tang appears to be a ground down tapered you see these on transitional daggers they ground the tapered tangs down to a shoulder to fit the non slant grips as they transitioned to them. I have seen this pommel on another Klaas with a different rare crossguard I believe these pommels are the same they are very distinctive"
    Enjoy this lovely dagger
    Regards,
    Ger
    Early Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguardEarly Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguardEarly Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguardEarly Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguardEarly Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguardEarly Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguardEarly Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguardEarly Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguardEarly Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguardEarly Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguardEarly Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguardEarly Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguardEarly Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguardEarly Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguardEarly Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguardEarly Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguardEarly Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguardEarly Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguardEarly Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Heer dagger by Robt. Klaas with unique crossguard
    P
    Many

Lovely grip.
    I like the pommel leaf design. Alcoso perhaps?

Congrats friend

Cheers,
    Jonas

Ger, as I said in e-mail just outstanding dagger in perfect condition and this certainly rare crossguard make it also very nice! I saw only one or two Klass dagger with this type crossguard! Really nice catch!

Regards peter

Hi Gerrit..Love the glass grip..and Toms description is awesome....which describes combinations used and all still pointing to Klaas. I would not of known this..as I dont collect these types..but we as type collectors do know the chemistry..that makes it equal at the end..which decides..if it is authentic..or thrown together parts.

Study pays off big time..and the forum is great for minds as these to give answers to tough questions. All who are here throughout the forum..and thos who stick it out..are the true Victors in knowledge. Great dagger Gerrit and a fine rare variant type to add to your collection. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

An excellent looking dagger Mr H.. I have never seen the inside before so very interesting stuff & thanks for the excellent photos too. Cheers Terry.

Boy Ger, what a beauty of an early Heer! Really like this one, very unique in its configuration but I agree with Tom in that it seems very correct in appearance and period with all the parts used! This guard is one of my favorites and looks great with Klaas's enhancement. That pommel is exceptional too, look at the size of those acorns! The "semi-glass" grip is a real beauty and is a type I have seen on multiple Klaas Heers, this cements this piece as a Klaas product also. Really interesting one I would love to have! Kevin.

?

Another beautiful early heer dagger you found Ger! This is what makes this hobby so facinating. Just when you think you have seen all the crossguard variations, a new one turns up. This piece is in great condition too. Congretulations on finding this beauty

Danny

Ger strikes again!!! another rare beauty for your collection Ger and just love the patina on it, a very nice dagger I would love to have in my collection ,
    cheers Ronnie

?

Thank you all gents! for the nice replies.
    Its my pleasure to share it with you all!

Regards,
    GEr

Another lovely Ger!
    Klaas is one of my favorite makers, including their post war work.
    Congrats on adding this one!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast