Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Early Heer dagger by SMF with Slant grip

Article about: This one is a textbook SMF Slant. Its in very good condition, having a straight scabbard, no dents. I love these type of Slant grips, great color, only minus is a little chip on top by the p

I am more interested in why we see Waffen Amt markings on Luft blades...and not on Heer blades..although Identical as Gerrit has stated. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Heer dagger by SMF with Slant grip
    P
    Many

?

The Luft was totally independent from the army and had their own procedures. Inspectors where placed in factories to ensure quality control but as I understand it, only on pre-1939 assembled Luft daggers ( war effort became more of a priority ) and probably only on a batch basis rather than mainstream.
    The inspectors probably just pulled batches from production, earmarked them for the Luftwaffe, tested, bench-marked and stamped. I also remember reading years ago that factory issued and privately purchased destined blades, had some say in which blades where Waffen-amt but no idea how that would have worked or how true it is. Good question though Larry!.

Hi to all, lovely SMF dagger! This is my favorite crossguard, I like it too much and believe that soon will be mine

Regards Peter

Very nice SMF this one has held its plating better then most. Of course all the army blades will be grained and not nickel plated. Superior example!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2