Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Eickhorn heer dagger for review

Article about: I have started a separate thread on the aluminum dagger to avoid hijacking this thread. Of course the textbook daggers are the backbone of every collection, and I do make sure I have at leas

I have started a separate thread on the aluminum dagger to avoid hijacking this thread. Of course the textbook daggers are the backbone of every collection, and I do make sure I have at least one good example of each variant. It is however exiting to go beyond the usual and explore the unknown.
    Wolfgang

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn heer dagger for review
    P
    Many

I do agree on many points here, but it is troubling for sure, to consider that generic parts and other manufacturers pieces were war-time used by the factories to produce period issued daggers. If this is, indeed, contemporary practice amongst the makers, then, in essence, there is no part to distinguish a parts dagger that was, say, assembled immediately post-war for the GI souvenirs. Genuine parts, correctly assembled, made in June 1945. And no way to distinguish.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for the opinions, there are some good points on both sides. But we probably will never know for sure what the manufactures of these daggers did.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3