Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eickhorn Heer..on the Early Side...

Article about: Here is another one I picked up recently, Slant Eick that shows a lot of carrying time. Nice hand work and a great translucent looking grip that is the typical very slim, straight Eick slant

Default Eickhorn Heer..on the Early Side...

Here is another one I picked up recently, Slant Eick that shows a lot of carrying time. Nice hand work and a great translucent looking grip that is the typical very slim, straight Eick slant grip. All brass based including the scabbard. Enjoy, and comments are welcome. Kevin.

Eickhorn Heer..on the Early Side...Eickhorn Heer..on the Early Side...Eickhorn Heer..on the Early Side...Eickhorn Heer..on the Early Side...Eickhorn Heer..on the Early Side...Eickhorn Heer..on the Early Side...Eickhorn Heer..on the Early Side...Eickhorn Heer..on the Early Side...Eickhorn Heer..on the Early Side...Eickhorn Heer..on the Early Side...Eickhorn Heer..on the Early Side...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn Heer..on the Early Side...
    P
    Many

Am Definitely liking the coloration of the grip on this one. Looks like the guy carried this piece Alot, but rarely ever took it out of the sheath, as the blade is like new. No arguing over the crossgraining on This beauty! That's what it's Supposed to look like! Excellent 1933-35 Eickhorn squirrel-matches up perfectly with the 1st pattern crossguard. An interesting Heer for sure.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Has anybody else noticed on select grips that sometimes the cut to the swirl looks as though it was intentionally burnished to add this striking two tone effect. I know it is probably just grime or patina of sorts but if you look closely at extreme examples it sometimes show's a colour tint. It could also be the natural colour change to the trolon, with the raised areas affected differently to the grooves by handling wear?. When you are bored take a loupe Kevin and have a close look.

Fabulous early Eick by the way, they do not come much earlier. That black patina is a real bonus as well. Great addition

Thanks Wagriff, the blade is very nice on this one, but it does have some specks and fingerprints..

Degens, as you say, some of these grips really do seem to be darker in the grooves. I have noticed this and agree that it is not always dirt or debris! Really adds to the contrast and look! I will look closer with a loupe when I can..

?

Kevin this is the way i like them!
    Lovely enhanced pommel and this eagle still has lots of details, a lot have worn chestspatterns.
    Lovely dark patina and a great grip to die for.
    Jon ive seen these slant grips also with different colour tones between the swirls, its geves them a special air i think!

Kevin would you post this one in all its beauty on the Heer Grip post? it would be a lovely asset!
    Thx for showing this beauty!

Ger

?

Beautiful type 1 Eickhorn slant. These early army daggers are very hard to come by these days. Especially in this condition and by one of my favourite makers! Congrats

Danny

THANKS Ger and Danny! I would be hounored to add this one to the grip post! Kevin.

Hi Kevin, extremely nice early Eickhorn dagger! I have very similar dagger in my collection, but pommel is different - I also have one early Eickhorn with non slant grip and it has different pommel also. It is very interesting, that one producer use on early examples different pommels, and this not only different type of handwork on one pommel, but yours are completely unique!

Thanks for showing this extra dagger to me, now I fell smarter

Best regards

Peter

Thanks for kind words Peter! Could you post pictures of you early Eickhorns and close ups of the pommels? I would like to learn the variations. Best, Kevin.

Great looking dagger Kevin. Love the color of the handle on these daggers. I plan to add one of these to my meager collection. yours looks to be a great score.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast