Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Emil Voos Army dagger

Article about: Hello gang, just picked this up at Stockport fair on Saturday, a dealer had just bought part of a collection 15 mins prior, instantly fell in love with it when I seen it, has plenty of silve

?

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    Cheers Scott iv'e just read a post by Degens saying this is a very rare crossguard well happy
    cheers

Perfect mate, another rarity into your collection

Regards Mac 66.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Emil Voos Army dagger
    P
    Many

?

Ronnie,
    Small world and your timing is impeccable. You mentioned you had read the other post and my comments regarding the Wusthof. On that thread I mentioned that Voos and Wusthof both used two extremely rare cross-guards. Your's shown above, being one and the other shown on the Wusthof thread.
    Here is another early Voos owned by a good friend ( I am sure he will not mind me sharing his link ) but bearing the alternative cross-guard shown on the Wusthof thread.
    Your dagger is a peach, lovely early Voos trademark and fittings, it must have just missed out on a slant grip but that is really irrelevant. Is the blade tang tapered?
    Congrats, lovely rare piece!.

Early Voos

Nice find Ronnie!!............Hunting the trophy to be had for all to admire,, is the best part of the hobby
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The Blade is like a mirror, and the hangers dress it up perfectly! Excellent find! Now put a nice minty portapee back on it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

A lovely example Ronnie!
    Congrats,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Ronnie you did great!

Love the early Voos crossguard, there hand enhanced eagles makes them something special!!

TOP DOLLAR

Ger

Hi, your dagger is very nice, I´m looking for years to find similar early EMIL VOOS dagger, and I can´t find it, you are very lucky! There are so many collectors that collect and hunting for daggers like yours, but only few daggers left

Regards Peter

Thanks very much guys for all the nice comments things like this do give an extra buzz when you learn something new about a dagger, only for Degens it would have had me baffled about the crossguard, thanks again for the lesson
    cheers Ronnie

?

great dagger and looks even better in the flesh , and thanks for the big brekkie mate trying to sober me up ;-)

?

Lovely dagger Ronnie ! I love the marks left on the crossguard by the original portepee !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast