Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ernst Pack army dagger, is it a original one?

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson No, just a very careful brush down to the fabric side is all I would recommend. The silver wire thread can easily be damaged. And as I said before, these metal parts were

?

Default Ernst Pack army dagger, is it a original one?

I bought a Heer dagger by Ernst Pack. It has all its cross-grain,(not all visible because i greased it) as far as i can tell it's an orginal dagger.

What do you guys think of this one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ernst Pack army dagger, is it a original one?   Ernst Pack army dagger, is it a original one?  

Ernst Pack army dagger, is it a original one?   Ernst Pack army dagger, is it a original one?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ernst Pack army dagger, is it a original one?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ernst Pack army dagger, is it a original one?

Looks good and has all the extras i.e. portepee/hangers - nice find

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Nice, E pack is a good maker, did you clean your hanger straps? I have a dress dagger but the straps are dirty, but mine is a WKC, I put RENwax on my blade because it is a very shiney chrome, but my dagger has an orange handle, nice blade, not sure on putting grease on it though, it will stay in your scabbard& dry up after awhile. might stain your blade years down the road, but I'm no expert. nice blade though, I love mine.
    Last edited by crazy horse; 10-22-2010 at 05:07 PM.

?

Thx Horst for the fast reply.
    Crazy Horse i did not clean anything, i bought it from a collector who is selling out after more then 30 years of collecting.
    I can also obtain a SS Kepi, but i'm not that into the SS headgear so i made some pics and posted them on Headgear, but what i could found in books and forums it could be the real thing.

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Thx Horst for the fast reply.
    Crazy Horse i did not clean anything, i bought it from a collector who is selling out after more then 30 years of collecting.
    I can also obtain a SS Kepi, but i'm not that into the SS headgear so i made some pics and posted them on Headgear, but what i could found in books and forums it could be the real thing.
    I'm no expert, but it looks good to me if yours is a fake, then it was a great job, but I think it's good, but like I said I'm no expert, but it is one very nice dagger, I will check out the SS kepi, because the SS stuff is my favorite. some of the people on here that know a lot more than me should help you out, but it looks like a very nice dagger too me, funny I have the same portapee also.

?

Very nice full rig with delux hanging straps,thanks for showing
    Try not to use grease,do a search on here for Renwax and use that

Quote by LMG 1 View Post
    Very nice full rig with delux hanging straps,thanks for showing
    Try not to use grease,do a search on here for Renwax and use that
    I agree that renwax is great, also the rust killer they have is great too, what I like it's all natural & you can rub rust off with your fingers, then just neutralize it with plain old water. I'm still a newb, I knew but my handle is orange& I forgot the difference, can any experts out there tell me & should I try to clean my hanging straps, they are the same, but dirty? thanks.
    regards Marty

Good original dagger. As already mentioned, never use grease or oil on blades. Use a museum grade wax like Renwax.

Don't attempt to clean hangers, they only have silver or gilt wash finish. All they need is a careful dusting.

Grip colour choice was down to the buyer.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Good original dagger. As already mentioned, never use grease or oil on blades. Use a museum grade wax like Renwax.

Don't attempt to clean hangers, they only have silver or gilt wash finish. All they need is a careful dusting.

Grip colour choice was down to the buyer.

Cheers, Ade.
    so there is really no way to get the dirty look off the hanger straps? I really do not want to ruin it. thanks ADE.

No, just a very careful brush down to the fabric side is all I would recommend. The silver wire thread can easily be damaged. And as I said before, these metal parts were never intended to be polished due to the tyoe of finish used on them.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast