Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

F W Holler for review

Article about: Hi all here's one I picked up recently, i. Not an expert but it a appears to be a near mint 3rd type holler with generic scabbard. Am I correct? All opinions welcome.

?

I don't want to pass judgement on the rest of the dagger but I wouldn't want a dagger with this grip. I assume it's a post war replacement. It looks like cheap plastic to me. If Gerrit says the scabbard isn't original to this dagger I'd believe him.
    I hope you didn't spend to much on this one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement F W Holler for review
    P
    Many

Looks the same material as my eickhorn. May be just the camera but grip is an off white sort of a cream colour with some yellowing in places
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture F W Holler for review   F W Holler for review  

F W Holler for review  

Brodieb..you may find this exhaustive and detailed reference very enlightening and will answer the many questions on the varied fittings the Heer dagger has used.

I think I know the author ..and might put in a good word for you.

F W Holler for review

@ Gerrit.......yes generic A & B mix well
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by 223rem View Post
    I don't want to pass judgement on the rest of the dagger but I wouldn't want a dagger with this grip. I assume it's a post war replacement. It looks like cheap plastic to me. If Gerrit says the scabbard isn't original to this dagger I'd believe him.
    I hope you didn't spend to much on this one.
    Well im not having problems with this grip, i have seen quite a few having this type, this material does show its age as seen in the second set of pics.
    The last couple of years i only focussed on early slant grip daggers and merely on Pack, so i discussed this dagger with Danny wo is also focussed on later produced ones, like this Höller 3 and he has seen a couple of Höller type 3 with the gen. B type scabbard, also has them in collection, and in this case it only confirms Danny's opinion that this is a textbook variaty.

So all in all you have a nice addition to your collection

Cheers
    Ger

?

That's very interesting gerrit, I've never heard before of a solid white grip that didn't change colour. I assume it's a latter produced item.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2