Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

First purchase help needed Heer dagger by Eickhorn

Article about: by Degens FP, Not many of us hardcore old timers still around who can remember that "interesting" discussion. Nice to see your active over here as well I still keep my head down ev

Default re: First purchase help needed Heer dagger by Eickhorn

Great information here Gents. 2nd Luftwaffe grips also fall into the same category of color toning, along with 2nd Model Kriegsmarine daggers.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First purchase help needed Heer dagger by Eickhorn
    P
    Many

“Trolon” was a proprietary name for a cast phenolic resin that was produced by the Dynamit Nobel firm in Troisdorf, Germany with other period makers of the resins having their own names and (presumably) formulations. With the problem of the color changes being known “back in the day”, and primarily ultra violet light the culprit. It was a chemical engineering challenge that was not fully resolved when using the cast types of phenolic resins. Although by the process of trial and error and the testing of hundreds of combinations (with a 90 % failure rate) some formulations were found that lasted longer without changing than some of the others. FP

PS: Because some guys had either: a) invested in, or b) were selling some of the more brightly hued color grips as "Special Order - General Officer's" grips/daggers at a considerable price differential some of the old discussions were ......... shall we say ................ "interesting". FP

?

FP,
    Not many of us hardcore old timers still around who can remember that "interesting" discussion. Nice to see your active over here as well

I still keep my head down even now when the subject pops up !

Does anybody have a photo or instructions on how to properly wrap the portepee around this style dagger? I know they differ from heer to luft, I just want to make sure I get it right for displaying.

I will just wrap it around in the way I think is right, then I will post it, and hopefully someone will let me know if its wrong or not lol

Currently I can only post a few photos that may help. Somewhere I have seen a drawing but am unable to locate it now.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First purchase help needed Heer dagger by Eickhorn   First purchase help needed Heer dagger by Eickhorn  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Default Re: First purchase help needed Heer dagger by Eickhorn

Thanks ralph, I should be able to figure it out from those pics, it cant be much harder then trying to affix a bread bag strap on a helmet lol

this dagger really looks great and shiny ! I like it !!!!!

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Does anybody have a photo or instructions on how to properly wrap the portepee around this style dagger? I know they differ from heer to luft, I just want to make sure I get it right for displaying.
    Some tips for tying portepee.
    Always end portepee have to do a loop.
    You must bind "backwards" from crossguard to pommel dagger.
    Release the rope loose and tighten them later.

regards
    Vedran

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast