Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Generic A scabbard band ?

Article about: Hi guys, Does anyone know if the top scabbard band on a generic A scabbard is placed at different distances down from the scabbard throat ? I see some army daggers with the cross guard wreat

?

Default Generic A scabbard band ?

Hi guys,
    Does anyone know if the top scabbard band on a generic A scabbard is placed at different distances down from the scabbard throat ?
    I see some army daggers with the cross guard wreath touching the band when in the scabbard and others having various gaps, i was wondering if there should be a specific size gap between the top band and the bottom of the wreath.
    Did different company's who used the generic A scabbard with the generic A cross guard have the top band placed at different distances down from the throat ?
    If a cross guard is touching the top band when in the scabbard does this mean the scabbard has been swapped at some time.
    Any info much appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Generic A scabbard band ?
    P
    Many

You will see a lot of variation in the distance from the swaz wreath and the top scabbard band.. I have heard some say that this distance varies because of weight distribution differences between the scabbard and hilt fittings in regard to getting the dagger to hang at a 45 degree angle from the top scabbard ring. There are a few maker variations that are known for the closeness of the wreath to said band.. ACS with 2nd type fittings being one. Best, Kevin.

?

Thanks Kevin.