Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Heer Dagger. Real or Fake and Value

Article about: Hello to all, Recently I obtained a German heer dagger and did some research on different sites and I still can't figure out if it's real or fake. I can't take it apart. The pommel is stuck.

Default German Heer Dagger. Real or Fake and Value

Hello to all,

Recently I obtained a German heer dagger and did some research on different sites and I still can't figure out if it's real or fake.

I can't take it apart. The pommel is stuck. I used some ''force'' but don't wanna damage it.
    The grip is because of this a little bit loose. Probably because you can't screw the pommel completely onto the blade.
    The blade is unmarked and shows some signs of oxidation and stains and I didn't wanna clean it so fare. But there is hope to make it more shiny. I think the last owner used WD40 to keep the blade ''oiled''

On the hanger I see D.R.G.M

The dagger looks in okay condition but some cleaning will help I guess.

Also some questions from my side.
    If this dagger is fake, did they made unmarked fake / replica's ?
    What kind of dagger is this.
    Is my Portapee or Hanger real?
    And is a Dagger in this condition valuable?

Please see pictures.

Thanks
    Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Heer Dagger. Real or Fake and Value   German Heer Dagger. Real or Fake and Value  

German Heer Dagger. Real or Fake and Value   German Heer Dagger. Real or Fake and Value  

German Heer Dagger. Real or Fake and Value   German Heer Dagger. Real or Fake and Value  

German Heer Dagger. Real or Fake and Value  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Heer Dagger. Real or Fake and Value
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Stay tuned. Members will be around shortly.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Why would you want to take it apart ? You might end up putting a crack in the grip. That's how most of these end up cracked/chipped. Curious collectors taking them apart. Someone who knows daggers will be able to help you. For now & forever, why not leave it ?
    D.

I will leave it the way it is. I don't wanna damage the dagger.
    But I thought taking it apart would help the identification of the complete blade.

Any advise is helpful for me, future members and collectors who are reading into our forum.

So thanks

Someone might authenticate it for you without taking it apart. If not...then if necessary do so. It's not my field of collecting, just my opinion

MAP
    ?

Just wait. I'm sure the Heer dagger guys can tell you much just from the scabbard, pommel and cross guard.

Blade has seen better days but some of the rust might clean up with simicrome. That said, don't try it unless it is advised by the experts.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks pretty good. Agree with above. Too much tinkering taking these apart. For now leave well enough alone.

Looks pretty good. Agree with above. Too much tinkering taking these apart. For now leave well enough alone.

It is 100% authentic textbook Alcoso dagger type 3. DO NOT take dagger appart, Alcoso sometimes fixed its pommels, so if you try to use force, you will damaged dagger. Unmarked blade is nothing unusual on Alcoso type 3 daggers we can see them quite often.

Best regards

Peter

Thanks for all your help and advise.

So can I use simichrome with just a tissue paper or paper towel or.....
    And than some WD40 on it again?

Marty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast